Science project

*Trinity's POV*
I woke this morning to a knock on my door. I looked at my clock. It's 6am. Who would be at my door so early in the morning. I rolled out of bed and walk downstairs. When I opened the door I knew my day was going to start of bad. It was Nigel, my boyfriend. He didn't even ask to come in, he just pushed my out of his way and sat on the couch.
Trinity: hey b-bae. What are you doing here so early?
I sat down next to him and could tell he had been drinking
Nigel: I came to see my baby before she went to school.
He pulled me close with one hand and ran his other hand through his curls.
Trinity: but I was still sleep
Nigel: I don't give a fuck. I come over when I want to.
Trinity: calm down my mom is sleep upstairs
He pushed me away and walked into the kitchen
Nigel: don't tell me what to do bitch
He reached in the fridge and grabbed a beer. I walked in after him telling him to be quiet again. He grabbed me by my neck and pushed me up against the back door.
Nigel: what the fuck did I just tell you
Tears rolled down my face as he was yelling at me. Next thing I know, he punched my eye and stormed out.
I was laying on the floor sobbing for a while then I got up and got an ice pack. I walked up the stairs to my room, into my closet. I picked out a red crop top that said bite me and some black jeans with my infareds. I walked in the bathroom and didn't dare look at the mirror. I stripped and got in the shower. I stayed in there for a hour or two.
After getting dressed, I walked to the mirror and starred at my horrible eye. I told myself over and over again,"i deserved it. Never question a man." I applied some make up to cover up the bruise then I applied some eye liner and mascara.
I grabbed my bag and headed to school.
*Science class*
Mrs.Molmer: today I assign project partners.
I hate when she does this. I have no friends in this class and no one really likes me. But Ray. Ray was my only friend in here. But to get him as my partner would be 1 out of a million.
Mrs.Molmer: Chrissy you have Taylor. Tavion you're with Patrick. Ray you have Trinity.
The whole room went quiet. I could tell the whole class was staring at me. I tried to act as if it was no big deal, but it was.
Some random kid: haha ray has the nerd
The whole class bust out laughing. I tried hiding my red face but nothing was working. Until..
Ray: so, I'll have a better grade then all you niggas combined
Mrs.Molmer: watch your language ray. Now class settle down. Catherine..
Everything went quiet to me. I could pay attention the rest of the class. Did Ray defend me in front of everyone?
*lunch time*
I just got out of line and I was heading over to sit with my friends. I only had 3 other friends then ray: destiny, Dayshia (day-sha) and blaire.
I was just getting ready to sit down, when someone knocked me and my tray over. I looked up. It was ray. He looked sorry he leaned over to help me up , but stopped and stared at my face. I then realized my face was wet. I touched my face and my makeup was coming off. He whispered to me "Nigel?" All I could do was nod my head. He helped me up then cleaned me off.
Ray: your house after school right?
Trinity: uhhhh yea
He walked off trying to play it cool. I sat down with the girls and smiled.
Dayshia: what was that about?
Trinity: oh um we are science partners. We have to make a project together or whatever
Destiny: you know that is ray, star quarterback of the football team and you're playing it cool.
Trinity: it's nothing
Blaire: can we come over then?
Trinity: sure I don't care
Blaire: what's wrong with your eye?
I touched my eye. Shit all this ray talk, I forgot about my eye. I got up and ran off to the bathroom
*after school*
Trinity: can u hand me that sponge
Ray: sure*hands her the sponge*
He grabbed my arm and looked me in my eyes
Ray: what happened
Trinity: I ran into that wall over there
Ray: don't lie to me trin. Now tell me the truth
Trinity: he got upset this morning and hit me
Ray: why did u let him in?
Trinity: he technically let himself in
Ray: I'm getting tired of this shit. I can't see my fr..
-ding dong- someone was at the door. I opened it. It was the girls.
Ray: what are they doing here?
Trinity: they wanted to come over. I couldn't deny them. Plus we need a break any ways
I plopped on the couch and patted the spot next to me, signaling for him to come sit next to me. He sat down and I smiled. We all sat there and talked for a while, watching tv, and joking around. Then there was a knock at the door.
Ray: you invited more people?
Trinity: no but can u get the door.
Ray got up and opened the door. Nigel was standing there. Everyone got quiet. He walked in and looked at me
Nigel: upstairs now
Trinity: for what
Nigel: don't question me. get up there now.
We walked up the stairs. I have never seen him this mad.
Nigel: I come to check on my baby and she got all these fucking people in da house. Why are they here?
Trinity: because it's my house
Nigel slapped me right across my face.
Nigel: don't talk to me like that bitch.
Trinity: stop hitting me
Nigel looked dead at me with fire in his eyes. He picked me up and slammed me on the floor. He started kicking me in my face and belly. I was crying and bleeding. Ray came running up the stairs after hearing all the noise.
Ray: yo get off her
Nigel: who tf are you
Ray: her- her best friend
Nigel: ha trinity doesn't have friends
Ray: and that's how u tell ur not a good boyfriend. She has me
Ray punches him in the face and Nigel falls over. And before he got back up, ray picked me up and ran out to his car with me and drove off.