Chapter 5 - New Experiences

Warning, this chapter contains profanity (swearing)

===Diaval's POV===

I sat there wondering what on earth I was going to do.

There's no point just thinking it, Diaval, if you never ask, you'll never know.

"Okay, I can't just rush into this. I know nothing about the mortal world!"

I could hear the panic in my voice as I spoke.

Great. You're supposed to be all tough, but right now you just sound like a wuss.

Neo smiled, amused. "This is pretty amusing, I can feel your anxiety."

Thanks, Neo. Just what I needed.

"Calm down, that's why you have me." He said reassuringly.

Better.

"I don't have a clue how to act... I never thought I'd say this, but I need your help."

Ugh, that whole sentence was hard to say... I'd never thought I would ever say something like that.

Neo still wore the same facial expression.

"Yes, ironically, you need the vampires help which is pretty normal, but sad too." Yes, Neo. I get it, I'm not exactly looking fearless right now. "Though we do have the blood of satan running through our veins so it doesn't matter"

"So, what do you have to do in high school?" I asked, trying not to sound too panicky.

"Not much. Just be yourself, don't get into fights with humans, outsmart the teachers, and keep up with homework. You better be smart or else you won't be able to outsmart the teachers. Humans can be very vile and easily angered so don't beat them up even if you have a very huge urge to do so."

Right... Because I totally listened to all of that...

"Don't beat up the humans?"

I sighed. That was going to be my favorite part.

"Okay." Great. I'm going to fail before I even try.

Neo narrowed his eyes at me like he was focusing on something, a habit that I've come to realize he does whenever he tries to read my mind.

"Would you mind not doing that? The good thing is I'll try not to let you out of my sight. And I'm pretty sure that my schedule and your schedule should be exactly the same. If it's not, I'll change it. It's not very hard because humans are already delusional." I couldn't agree more.

I nodded my head in agreement.

"I can do all the rest, it's just the mortal part I might struggle with. But I'm sure I'll be fine..." Yeah, right. Just like how mortals are sure God is good. Boy were they wrong.

"Yeah, and I'll finally see you in the mortal world looking like a human." He smiled to himself.

"Yeah, about that outfit you described..." I so wish my memory was better.

"I'm pretty sure you have the clothes for it... Do you?"

"I think so..." I got up to go get the outfit out.

"Are you coming?" I asked him, "My room's just next door, like I said. Besides, I have souls to show you."

Neo looked disturbed by my comment.

"Um... I'd rather not... You go ahead and change." What is he on abou- Oh no! I didn't mean it like that, what I meant was... Ugh.

"I'll just be waiting here." He looked at me like I was insane.