Chapter 5

Addison's POV
For the entire car ride, Dixie didn't let go of my hand once. I held onto hers tighter, enjoying the presence of her warm hand in mine.

I was anxious for Dixie, I know she cares a lot about Erik, and the last thing she would want for him is to get arrested. But maybe it's for the better. Thomas opens the door to the station. Dixie anxiously steps inside, Thomas and I following right behind her.

"Hello ma'am, we're here to see Officer Mark." Thomas says, tapping on the hard wood of the reception desk. "Can I get your name sir?" The woman asks, her eyes peaking out her glasses as they lay on the rim of her nose. "Thomas. Thomas Petrou." He states.

She begins typing information into her computer then proceeds to make a phone call. "Okay sir, Officer Mark is waiting for you in his office, right that way." She says pointing in the direction of a hallway, I'm assuming leads to his office. We walk slowly to Officer Mark's office, tensity rising in the air.

Thomas knocks loudly on the wooden door, shortly being welcomed by a tall, brown haired man who wore his trousers way to high up. I couldn't help but let out a soft laugh before quickly covering it up with a loud cough.

"Hi Thomas. I was hoping I wouldn't have to see you unless we're meeting up for coffee, sorry to see you under these circumstances." Mark says, sitting down in his wheely chair. Thomas smiles sadly.

"Right, Dixie D'amelio is it?" He asks flipping through some papers. "Yeah, can we make this quick, I would like to talk with Erik." She remarks. "Yes, Erik is being well taken care of, I would just like to ask you some questions in private." He says. He politely signals for Thomas and I to leave them alone. We get up and make our way to the sitting area.

Dixie's POV
"Okay, so you obviously know why you're here today." The officer says. I nod. "Your ex boyfriend, if I'm correct, has turned himself in this morning claiming that he deserves to rot in jail because he abused his girlfriend. He said he almost killed her last night, and as an officer, I took that very seriously." He explains.

"Now, I can't put him in a cell unless there's evidence of him doing what he claims. So for obvious reasons I brought you in. Anything you want to tell me about him or how he treated you?" He asks. I gulp nervously. I really didn't want to be doing this.

"See officer, this isn't how it was supposed to go. I don't want him arrested! He just needs help okay?" I state, a lump forming in my throat as the anger in my body increases.

"Young lady, I know how you feel. I've delt with many victims like you, defensive of their abusive partner. And there's the extra rare cases like yours where the abuser actually turns themselves in. And this helps that he can't go around abusing other girls as well." He says emphatically.

"No. Erik is different okay? I know him, he'd never do anything to make me upset on purpose. He only hurt me because he was upset okay? He needs someone." I sob.

"And that's excatly it! He's toxic, and obviously has issues, and because he cares about you, he turned himself in. And the best thing you can do for him is to let him serve punishment, and we will also provide him with the basic help he needs." The officer reassures me. I just break down even more, feeling like my chest is tightening. I knew what was coming, a panic attack.

"W-would you excuse me for a bit." I stutter before rushing out his office past the sitting area and in the direction of the restrooms.

Addison's POV
Thomas and I sit in silence as we wait for Dixie to come out Officer Mark's office. Suddenly she comes rushing out, tears running down her face and clutching tightly onto her chest. She makes her way to the girls restroom.