PART 1

Gene leaned against the cold bleachers. The wind was warm and crisp. It blew in his raven black hair around his temples and eyes. His anger was growing by the second as his fellow shadow knights pressured him.

He had bet on being able to get a date with this random werewolf girl. If he was, Zenix would pay him 50 bucks, if not, he had to kiss Balto. He said hello and the werewolf girl immediately slapped him.

Today, they sat on top of the bleachers after school, with Balto at the bottom, doing what Gene assumed was homework. Balto was the Alpha werewolf of some pack that Gene didn't know the name of. Through him and Balto were on good terms, they weren't 'friends". Plus, Balto always made Gene nervous. His brash and the tough person didn't always mix with Gene's rebellious, hard and sometimes joking personality. Plus, his blood-red eyes always made him tremble slightly.

"Come on dude, you bet, you lost, now you gotta kiss him," Zenix said, making Gene roll his eyes.

"Dude, I'm not doing it. If I kiss Balto, he'll set his wolf friends on me." Gene said, crossing his arms tightly against himself.

"What are you scared?" Sasha taunted, pulling a box of cigarettes out of her backpack along with a small, purple lighter.

"No, it's just that I'd rather not fight a werewolf. Plus, I'm not gay, so it's weird." Gene retorted, awkwardly pulling out his phone so his hands had something to do.

"I'm straight and I kissed a girl" Sasha replied, puffing a cloud smoke from her lungs. Zenix raised an eyebrow. "What? Sixth-grade parties are weird, alright."

"Look, I'm not kissing the fucking dog, and there is nothing you can do to make me," Gene groaned.

"Oh really?" Zenix said slyly. Gene was taken aback. "What about the photo." Gene shook his head. No. He better not be talking about that photo he took that night. Fuck.

"You better fucking not," Gene said, making sure to keep the tremble out of his voice. Zenix gave a wild smirk as he showed Gene opening Instagram on his phone. Sasha looked confused. She wasn't there the night the photo was taken. Gene and Zenix had a stare-down. Gene made sure to keep his face cold and expressionless. Though, as soon as Zenix clicked 'make a post'. "Fine! I'll fucking do it."

Zenix laughed. "Also, do it for five seconds," Sasha added.

"No way, I'll do a peck."

"Use your tongue dude," Sasha whined as she stomped out her cigarette.

"No," Gene said firmly.

"Oh, what's this neat picture? I think I'll post it." Zenix smirked as he spoke in a sarcastic surprised tone.

"Fine, I'll use my tongue and do it for five seconds, if, you don't film and Zenix, stop blackmailing me with that damn photo."

"Fine, fine," Sasha said, pulling out her phone and giving it to Gene's open hand. Zenix also handed Gene his phone. Gene tried to open it and delete that photo but-

"You don't know my password dude."

Gene smirked, entering the wrong password five times and locking it for a full minute, before throwing it back and heading down the bleachers.

"What the hell. Dude, uncool!" Zenix shouted as Sasha laughed. Gene wasn't new to making out, far from it. He learned how to intimidate yet turn someone on with just facial expressions and body language. He didn't really care about kissing Balto, it's just how his friends will react. Balto could punch him, but he doesn't really give a shit. And, if Balto tries to tell the whole school about it, he has enough on Balto to shut him up.