PART 2

The next day at school, Balto was not having it. He didn't get much sleep and wasn't able to get any caffeine. During class, his eyelids felt heavy like three-ton weights. He walked in the hallway, glaring at students as they walked by, his tiredness making him more intimidating, apparently. His hair was messier, his eyes had darker circles around them, and his voice was deeper. Though his heart would occasionally start beating incredibly fast and breathing back slightly more difficult. This happened before but not more than once in a day. He had gotten through most of his classes just fine, until 7th period. Werewolf class.

He had won in a fight with Aaron and regained his title as Alpha, but this made people say how he should try to win over Aphmau and how he needs a girlfriend. He couldn't tell them he didn't like girls because a 'not straight' alpha was seen as weak. But he didn't care. They could tell him all they want about how he needs a girl but he didn't really give a shit. While he was talking to his friends, Aaron had bumped his shoulder while he walked through the desk allies. "Watch it punk," Balto growled. His ears stiffening and his tag holding up high.

Aaron glared at him, "Look, just because of your 'alpha' or whatever doesn't mean I have to respect you." Balto's rage grew.

"Uh, yeah actually." Balto snapped. "It does. You have to respect me. Look, I'm not having a good day, so shut the fuck up and watch where you're going next time, ok asshole, or watch your back" Aaron rolled his eyes but didn't snark back. Thank god, he didn't want to have to jump this guy after school. Aaron could probably take a fight with just Balto, but four werewolves, no way. Class started and Balto sat down, still giving Aaron a dirty glare.

The teacher spoke in his usual long and boring tone. Though he is a good teacher, he was incredibly boring and made students go to sleep. Balto groaned as his eyelids slid closed. The teacher hit the desk loudly to wake up another student. It was so loud it had woken Balto too. He had the class do a simple worksheet. Balto finished it with ease and left class early. Balto likes to walk the hallways when they were empty. It was surreal and peaceful. Once he left the building he leaning against the school's cold stone wall on the west side, near the soccer field. He took big, deep breaths to help calm his racing heart. He wasn't exactly sure why it was chugging like a runaway train, but it was and it hurt. He heard some commotion from the bleachers and decided to investigate.

Gene's day was like any other. His classes were fine, cause he didn't go. He was able to grab some of his mom's apple bourbon that she was saving. He had no idea who she was saving it for but he was drinking and passing it around. It was so sweet yet had the same burning flavor as whiskey. Plus, it tasted more like old peach candy rather than anything apple-related. They all decided that sweet alcohol wasn't their thing so they only got through a small amount of the bottle. Eh, his mom won't notice, there wasn't much in the bottle anyway. Then they decided to tag a small closet that the school uses to keep sports equipment. They pulled out their red and black cans and vandalized the poor brick wall and got to work.

They all then separated so it was easier for them to hide. Once the soccer coach found the defaced closet, he would be looking for them. Gene sat beneath the bleachers at the soccer field and put a cigarette in his mouth. Once lit, he plew a cloud of grey smoke from his lips. He looked at the paper-wrapped tobacco. Gene knew of the dangers of smoking but he and the other shadow knights did it out of spite. The health teachers always did long, dull speeches on how "smoking kills" and "it doesn't feel good" but they did it anyway.

Gene saw a flash of black hair from behind one of the pillars. He puffed another cloud of smoke into his lung. He quietly snuck towards the pillar and quickly turned to see who the hell was spying on him. Gene blew the cloud of smoke out and into the stalkers face. It was the puny freshman Zane Ro'Meave. He stuck to Gene like a cancerous tumor. "Zane, what the hell are you doing here? Were you watching me again fucker?" Gene spat at the smaller boy. Zane was annoying, weak and despite his efforts, he would never make it into the Shadow knights.