Rian x Deet- series

a/n this was requested by thebugslayer: This may be a lot to ask but deetxrian when rian finds deet again after the end of season 1. So this is going to be sad as all hell! Also sorry it took so goddamn long (also unedited bc im lazy)

He brushed his hand against a dead tree, it crumbled at the touch. It was pretty obvious which way Deet had gone, he kept following the trail but it seemed never ending. The cheers from stone-in-the-wood were distant now, barely audible. The victory was bittersweet the sacrifices were many. Rian had gotten to attached, he should had kept his guard up, from the moment he fleed from the castle.

The trail of dead plants became increasingly dense, the purple glow more prominent. That when he heard crying. He rushed towards the noise. He came to a clearing. She sat there, back to him, clutching a small creature. Rian stopped; taking small step towards her.

"deet?" he asked, as if he didn't already know. His voice was soft, trying not to scare the gelfling. She tensed looking at him before standing up quickly.

"Rian?" she mov3ed her head too quick for Rian to properly see the purple glow of veins covering her face. He took a step closer. "Stay away!" her voice sound more serious than he had ever heard, all the life was gone, "please, I don't want to hurt you..." it as barely a whisper.

"Deet, what happened?" Rian let the tears that pricked his eyes fall. She took a long breath.

"Rian, its best you go." She could tell what she was saying hurt, "we won, you should celebrate with the others." she tried to make herself sound cheerful but it just felt empty.

"I'm not leaving you." He whispered.

"you have too," Deet finally turned to face him. Rian took a step back. In her darkened hands she held a small creature it wasn't moving. She tried to smile but her eyes gave away her heartbreak. "Rian, I don't want to hurt you."

"I know that."

"but I want to you know something."

"I'm staying here with you." He walked towards her but she stepped back

"Rian, you don't understand, I- I- never mind its stupid."

"I love you too."