Day One

It all started on October 7th, my best friend Jessica had already stayed the weekend before so we were ready as soon as Monday arrived. She helped me pick out what to bring on this two week birthday vacation since I couldn't decide. I wasn't sure if it was going to be hot or cold. So I brought enough for both. 

There's detail in between that do not wish to talk about.

When Monday arrived, as we packed the 2002 Avalanche that we call Ava, I could feel the sensation of butterflies in my stomach. I have been waiting for this moment all of my life. The best part is that I get to spend the next two weeks with my family and best friend (who is like family) on a new adventure that we have never done before. 

Once all the bags were packed, we made sure the dog and cat were set, got in the truck to go. My Dad drove, Mom in the passenger seat, my brother Kyle on the left of me, and best friend Jessica on the right. I was the monkey in the middle every time we set foot in the truck. And off we went, going through the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Oh, what a beautiful sight that is. Mountain range surrounding you with blast of green from leaves. But at this time in October, the leaves were orange, yellow, light brown, and red. The colors look so vibrant against the gorgeous background of the light blue sky as sun rays shine through the hills. 

After a couple hours, we are in Reno. As we go through Reno we all start to want to take a break, especially me. I had to go to the bathroom. I also have Epilepsy so I must take medication for it. So my Dad decided to stop at a Jack In The Box in Reno. We take that bathroom and dinner break then get back on the road again. 

We have been travelling for a few more hours now in Nevada. We have to stop for the night so we can leave for Las Vegas early the next morning. My Dad keeps mentioning "We're going to stay at the Clown Motel." He knows that I am terrified of clowns. So even the thought of that freaks me out like crazy. I keep thinking about what Ghost Adventures showed, a guy experienced a clown in his hotel room. The door to the office opened by itself and that creepy clown in the corner's hand moved all on its own with no explanation. The whole way in the car I keep repeating myself asking my Dad "Are we really going to stay at the Clown Motel?" Because my friend and I have our own room for this hotel. 

I got worked so much, I was shaken to the core. My friend just laughs at our back and forth conversation in the car. We finally arrive at the hotel we were staying at...but it wasn't a hotel. It was a motel. It wasn't the Clown Motel either. It was a motel in a very small, pretty much gold or should I say silver (since Nevada is the Silver State) rush ghost town called Hawthorne. The population is 3, 269. Once we got settled in our room, it was really nice. My parents and brother were in the next room over.  The bathroom was HUGE! My best friend and I had two beds to ourselves.