The Journey to Vegas!

I woke up early in the morning on Tuesday. Most likely around 5 am. I had to make a stop at the bathroom. I am closet to the door to the outside so I walk through the dark, passed my best friend who is still asleep at this point. That is until I come out of the bathroom half asleep, turn off the light, trip over her bag, and land on her bed. I mean, I knew I was clumsy but this vacation made me even more clumsy as I would later do this in Vegas as well. So, the light arrives through the window. My Dad knocks on the door to tell us to get ready to leave. First things first, we go for the free bed and breakfast that morning just before they put it all away. By 10 am, we are on our next adventure.

We keep driving through this small town of Hawthorne. My Dad used Waze to find the nearest gas station, which happened to be around the corner. Only she took us a different route. We stocked up on gas and drinks for the long haul. Although, that butterfly feeling kept coming back. I keep saying not only to myself but out loud "What if I meet Zak Bagans? What would I say?" because I have always planned to go to his Haunted Museum. That was number one on my dream check list. 

List:

See the Zak Bagans' Haunted Museum in real life

There's more but I won't list them all. So yeah, the beautiful scenery of going the back way into Vegas. Seeing miles of little hills with Joshua Trees, Cactus, and dessert land. Barley anyone on these two lane roads. You could just relax and take it easy. There is finally a sign, but it made me shiver as we are straight towards it. Tonapah, Nevada...where the world famous Clown Motel sits next to the Tonapah cemetary. My Dad planned this on purpose. Of course, I love going to Ghost Adventures locations...but I have a problem with clowns. I have had a fear since I was little thanks to Ronald McDonald making an appearence at our local McDonald's at the time. We all knew we were going to stop for lunch here but first my Dad drove right by the Motel. The first thing you notice is the cemetary, then the giant clown sign that says 'CLOWN MOTEL'. 

We go have lunch at the Tonapah Burger King

We go have lunch at the Tonapah Burger King. While I had to go to the bathroom due to my stomach feeling like it dropped to the floor while turning around in the Clown Motel parking lot. A guy who works there noticed my Stranger Things shirt I recently got for this trip. He asked "Have you seen season 3 yet?" at the time I hadn't so I replied "No. I am still on season 1. That's why I got this shirt." He responds back "You need to see it." He wouldn't be the only on to notice that day. We grab lunch then go back to the Clown Motel parking lot except this time we get out. I had to brave up and go in the main office after taking pictures outside. 

Outside they have a warning sign about haunted clowns. I get a little bit more nervous but I was the one who opened the office door. As soon as I opened the door and saw a clown who reminded me of Ronald McDonald I jump back a little. My heart is racing as I enter and see the clown whose hand moved in Ghost Adventures directly in front of me. I look around, there is clowns all around me. It feels sufficating. There is a high level of anxitey rising up in me. I have never felt like this in my life. I was truly terrified by these evil beings starring at me from all angles. My Dad said to sit on the couch next to the clown whose hand moved. I slowly go up to him, still feels like my heart is gonna burst. I sit on the very corner trying to be away from him as much as possible. I end up accidently touching his hand. You have to ask the clown to get a photo with him. So I ask "Can I get a picture?" I assumed he agreed. He didn't tell me otherwise. 

Not long after our pictures, my Dad tells me to get a shirt because who knows if we'll ever be back

Not long after our pictures, my Dad tells me to get a shirt because who knows if we'll ever be back. While he is talking to the guy at the desk. He noticed how I kept mentioning Ghost Adventures with this clown and asked if I was a fan. Of course I am. But while he was talking about another movie being filmed here in March I started to feel really, really dizzy and lightheaded. This was the first time feeling this on the trip. Who knew it wouldn't be the last time.