Chapter 1: Run

"Run"

     Running was all I could do and think of. Nothing else mattered but running. I needed to get away from my uncle. I grew tired but, my body kept running and running until, I ran into a tree and fell unconscious. I woke up to the bright sun slightly being in my eyes. I had guessed that it was probably sometime in the afternoon by now. I sat up and touched my head that was throbbing from the massive headache I had and a stinging sensation. I discovered blood on my head....a lot of it. I decided it was probably best if I stood up and tried to find some help but,I just fell back down, again.

"Shit..what am I gonna do now?"

     I began to crawl around like a helpless dog to see if I could find a stick to help support me. After about half an hour I gave up and sat myself up against a tree. As I threw my hands to my sides, I felt something. I looked and found a stick.

"*deeply inhales* ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

     I grabbed the stick and stood up. Then  I looked at where I was sitting and I found a...paintbrush?

"Huh, that wasn't there when I first sat down, was it?"

     I thought to myself as I started walking. After hours of walking it was dark out and I had almost given up until I saw some lights in the distance. I ran as fast as I could it felt like it was an endless path until, someone hit me with a metal baseball bat and I fell unconscious.