(24) 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘥𝘶𝘴𝘵

WARNING: mature content ahead. read at your own discretion.

One thing that could distract me from how shit everything seemed to be at that moment was Christmas music. And Freddie had a sick collection of Christmas records at Sinclair Road. It was eventually the 22nd December and a day before I was to drag myself back home for two entire weeks. I just hoped that the get together we had all planned would be worth two weeks away from everyone.

Originally, we were going to have everybody over at Sinclair Road, including Ellie and Sam. But it wound up it just being the Queen boys, along with me and Emma. I wasn't entirely mad at that outcome – you all already know I'm terrible in a group setting anyways. Besides, I'm sure that a few of us would probably end up extracting ourselves from the group, if you know what I mean.

As for the situation with Emma, it didn't improve really. It honestly just got progressively more tense – I don't think either of us realised when things started to stagnate. All I knew was that our friendship was heading in a direction that wasn't pleasant. My bubbling hatred for my best friend's boyfriend put a huge weight on us living together, and as hard as I tried to be happy for them, I just couldn't. I say hatred, but honestly, I was just furious with his disloyalty and his ability to sleep around without any thought of a repercussion. Especially when it involved someone as sensitive as Emma.

I had decided to head over to Sinclair Road much before the time we had arranged. I wanted to see Brian without the production that was a get-together with the Queen boys. I missed him while he was busy with his studies and I was more than looking forward to being able to spend as much time with him as possible before leaving the following day.

I was sat, cross-legged, in the centre of Brian's living room, the table pushed into the wall to make space. I was occupying myself making little festive paper chains, which was actually rather therapeutic. Brian had insisted that I didn't have to help decorate, but me, being the stubborn little bitch I was, started to help anyway.

"Make sure you get them dead centre, darling, we need to transform this house into a palace!" Freddie exclaimed with way too much energy.

"Fred, she knows how to decorate." Brian chuckled, sitting on the sofa in front of me.

"I was just making sure." Freddie replied in defence, disappearing into the kitchen.

I laughed to myself, looking down at my lap and continuing with the paper chains. The calm atmosphere settled in around us, though within a few hours, the room would be far from calm.

"How are you doing, my love?" Brian asked softly, leaning down to pick up some finished paper chains. His question made my lips fall into a flat line, pressing together.

"I'm okay." I replied, just as soft. "I just want the next two weeks to go fast, so I can see you all again." I refused to make eye contact with Brian, as I knew that as soon as I did, I would be in tears. Again. I was already on the phone to him that morning, complaining like I had done every morning. I was immensely appreciative of Brian's attentiveness; if I was on the other end of my phone calls, I'd be annoyed at me.

"Don't worry. I'm sure it won't be as bad as you anticipate it to be. The human brain is funny like that. And, besides, if things do get bad, I'm right there at the other end of the phone line. You know that, don't you?" He lowered his voice, though it didn't lose the sternness.

I finally looked up at him, my eyes fixated on his. "I know. And I'm so, so grateful for that. I'm grateful for you." He smiled ever so slightly, but I could see how happy he was just by looking at his hazel orbs.

"Try and forget about it for tonight, okay? Let's have some fun." He leaned down and placed a firm kiss on my forehead.

//