Fujiko Pro to Postpone "Stand By Me: Doraemon 2"

Burbank, CA and Tokyo, Japan, March 19, 2020 – Fujiko Pro, the subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, has announced a new release date for "Doraemon the Movie: Nobita's New Dinosaurs".

"The release of 'Doraemon the Movie: Nobita's New Dinosaurs', which was supposed to be March 6, 2020, was delayed due to coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic," Zensho Ito, President of Fujiko Pro, states, "After a discussion between production team of 'Doraemon the Movie: Nobita and The New Dinosaurs' and 'Stand by Me: Doraemon 2', it is decided that we will postpone the release of 'Stand By Me: Doraemon 2', and released 'Doraemon the Movie: Nobita and The New Dinosaurs' in its place."

"Disney and Toho are very pleased with the announcement that delivered by Mt. Ito and the team from both movies," said Bob Chapek, CEO of The Walt Disney Company, "On behalf of the producers, Fujiko Pro, Toho Corporation, and The Walt Disney Company, we sincerely apologize to all those who have been looking forward to the release of both works. We thank you for your understanding and consideration."

'Doraemon the Movie: Nobita's New Dinosaurs' follows Nobita as he raised two new dinosaurs and sending them back into the wild Cretaceous era. Directed by Kazuaki Imai, this is the first Reiwa-era Doraemon movie, starring Naomi Watanabe and Takuya Kimura for Japanese dub; Michelle Visage and Brian 'Trixie Mattel' Firkus for English dub. It will be simultaneously released in Japanese, Chinese, South Korean, Indian and South East Asian theaters, and select theaters in Europe and U.S. on 7 August 2020.

Stand By Me: Doraemon 2 storyline will pick-up right after Doraemon's return at the end of award-winning Stand By Me: Doraemon and largely based on 2000 Doraemon short film Doraemon: A Grandmother's Recollections. Directed by Ryuichi Yagi and Takashi Yamazaki, it will star Betty White as Nobita/Noby's grandmother for English dubbed version of the movie, and will feature new music composition by Naoki Sato, George Lopez, and Kristin Anderson Lopez. The new release date of Stand By Me: Doraemon 2 will be announced once determined.

Both films are rated G by MPAA prior to its release, and will be distributed by Toho Corporation for Japan and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures for the rest of the world. The original and dubbed version of both movies will be available to stream on Disney+ starting 3 September 2021.

***

About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, interactive media, and consumer products. Disney is a Dow 30 company with revenues of over $100 billion in its Fiscal Year 2019.

About Fujiko Pro.
Founded by Fujiko F. Fujio in 1987, Fujiko Pro is a privately held, fully-integrated entertainment company. In addition to its manga-making, anime motion-picture and television production operations, the company's global activities include Fujiko Pro Licensing, which manages the global merchandising activities for Fujiko Pro entertainment properties; and Dora-world.com, creates Internet-based content for Doraemon's entertainment properties and businesses. Fujiko Pro Co., Ltd is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.