mystery man ☾

chapter one - mystery man (미스터리 )

chapter one - mystery man (미스터리 맨)

©donqjus on tumblr

you have just arrived at your new workplace, where you'll be working for the next few years, hopefully. it was an office. a simple, yet quite sophisticated, office. here, you got accepted to be one of the most successful CEO's secretary. getting this job wasn't easy, but it was definitely worth it. you loved working as a secretary, especially in the middle of the city. it was almost your dream, after becoming a university teacher of course.

finally, you arrived at the doorstep of the large building. it included large windowed doors and window walls which you would hate to clean. walking in, you saw many people rushing around the lobby trying to get to work as soon as possible. being only the morning, you were quite surprised at how energetic they seemed to be.

but getting more into the person you were working for; kim youngjo. he was a successful CEO of a clothing company. he owns multiple buildings and clothing stores. most people don't know what he actually looks like, they just know he designs clothes and makes them. recently, it was announced that he was going to an event in which he will show his face for the first time. no one knows this event or when it will happen.

nonetheless, you were working for a man you didn't know the face of, which really just made it more fun for you. you didn't even know his age, but you didn't think of it either because you were only working for him. the receptionist gave you your schedule as well as a card with which you'll be able to enter rooms.

"mr. kim is waiting for you upstairs." she said, smiling at you as she handed you your ID. "don't want to keep him waiting."

"thank you." you took the items that the receptionist handed you and started looking for your designated boss and cubicle. it was a long game of hide and seek but eventually you found the ceo's office and proceeded to knock on it. getting a response quite quickly, your heartbeat fastened and your arms started shaking slightly.

you opened the office door and were immediately hit with an icy chill. stepping into the room, you noticed it was freezing cold yet the windows were all closed and the heating was on. the office was spacious, and instead of solid walls there were huge windows, letting a bunch of natural light through. in front of the boss and his desk, whose face you still couldn't see because it was covered under mountains of paper documents, there was a glass table, a sofa and two chairs and also a television. overall, it was a nice office, but you didn't like the cold.

"good morning, mr. kim." you walked closer to his desk and bowed. not that he could see but at least you were respectful.

"you're here," a deep voice came from behind the stacks of papers, and it wasn't the voice of anyone older than 30. "good. i need you to schedule me an appointment with someone and book me a reservation somewhere for lunch."

"uh, sure, i'll do that now." you nodded and were about to leave but he called you back before you even managed to blink.

"where are you going? come here." he said, making you want to run away in embarrassment yet here you were. you slowly made your way to the desk, ending up in front of your boss, kim youngjo. As you looked at him, you confirmed that this man was also probably no older than 30. He looked young but also really mature.

This man was handsome. He was gorgeous. You didn't know what happened but as soon as he looked up at you your body went into a whole lockdown. He gave you the perfect man vibes. He was probably the nations man. He was perfect already.

"I need to go with you, don't i?" he asked himself more than you. You didn't know how to reply so you awkwardly stood before him as he finally made his mind up. "We need to get you a laptop to work on and get you a list of all my contacts."

"that's not necessary, i can get them myself downstairs at reception." you recommended but he shook his head at you.

"no, i will send you a list myself." he stood up from his chair and closed his mac, taking his jacket from the back of his chair. "Let's go."

"oh, where?" you nervously asked the rather tall male. he also looked like he has a well built body from the looks of his figure before his blazer was put on. he wore a grey suit with a simple t-shirt. although it didn't seem professional, he managed to pull it off really well.

"downstairs," he said and started walking towards the door. "i will get you set up in your cubicle so i can continue working."

"do you have a lot of work to do?" you followed your new boss.

"i do." he replied and was quick to exit his office towards all the other cubicles. you didn't know what type of reply you were looking for but you were a bit disappointed when he didn't continue the conversation for longer. you'd think that being a secretary you'd have to have a good relationship with the boss, but he didn't look like he was going to open up anymore. therefore, you left it at that.

Hiii thank you for reading the first chapter! I'm so happy to be rewriting this because I looove oneus & onewe!

If you've read the first version of this book on my main account then you should be happy to know that I haven't changed the plot much, I just fixed some things that were bugging me.

I'll be focusing on college now so updates will be slow, probably once every two to three weeks. When I started writing the first version I was on holiday and I wasn't in college, I was in school. Now everything is different and I think the story will make more sense!

Thank you for reading again, I love the plot and writing this is super fun now that onewe are also in here.

Stay safe, Ily ❤️🌵