;; 1 🎼

the burgundy haired girl hummed to herself as she walked back to her house.

her thoughts must'be been somewhere else because when she zoned back into reality she found herself in the middle of what she could only call a massacre...there was blood everywhere.

she gasped and looked around when she saw a soldier running towards her with one of the sharpest swords she'd ever seen.

how could she of been so stupid?! the war of niko was going on and she was so careless as to stumble right into it...

" prepare your last words! " she yelled as the blade was lifted above rikos head"

she closed her eyes and was ready to face her doom.

CLASH

she opened her eyes and saw her...her navy blue hair which was strung up in a ponytail blew in the winds, she held a smirk on her face as she fought off the soldier.

blood splattered on rikos face as kanan sliced right through her, both halves of her body limply fell to the floor.

kanan chuckled and turned to face the girl.

" are you okay miss? "

her eyes seemed to sparkle like the ocean , which encapsulated riko

" are you there? " a worried look passed over her face and she waved her hand in front of rikos face.

" oh...y-yes! im just a bit shaken over what happened....."

"aha...that's natural!" she smiled and shook her head

riko was lost for words as she felt her heart begin to beat faster than she could play the piano.

" oh...hold still...!"

riko froze up as kanans finger glided across her cheek as she wiped a splash of blood off of her.

" t-thank you....." she stuttered.

" There's no problem! you look cuter without the blood! "

riko knew it was a joke but she sort of wished that....it wasn't

" kanan matsuura! " she outstretched her hand to the flustered girl which she softly grabbed

"riko sakurauchi...!"

kanans hand was rough yet she didn't want to let go...

it was as if the world had stopped moving around them , some stray petals were blown by the wind which encased the two of them.

" well, I think you should be getting home now, I'd be happy to walk you in case you end up getting attacked again! "

" I'd like that..."

the both of them walked back to rikos house in silence, no words needed to be said.

" is it this place? " kanan asked

" yep! right next to chikas house! "

"interesting...chika is an...old acquaintance...of mine!" kanan averted her gaze.

"...lucky" she mumbled.

" hm..? did you say something "

" n-no nothing..!"

she was lucky that kanan hadn't heard what she'd said...she would think she was pathetic for falling in love at first sight.....

" i guess I'll be off then! try not to get into anymore trouble!" kanan turned around to walk away but riko grabbed her wrist to stop her.

" please...kanan... teach me how to fight! I want to become strong like you so that...one day I can protect you" she bowed.

" I've never had a request like that before aha..." she awkwardly scratched the back of her neck.

" but sure! I'll take you on, you better be ready for some intense training! " she gave riko a gentle pat on the head and a smile.

" you can ask chika for my address soon, be there 4am for training to begin, no earlier no later." she turned serious.

" but I doubt you'll be able to protect me..."