Chapter 1: Discovering The Animals

I was awoken by Heejung's screaming. Tossing on a large t shirt, I ran into her room to see her staring a basket with 5 animals sitting inside.

"Heejung, what happened?"

"Do you think I know?! They were just here when I woke up!" Heejung exclaimed in a reply.

"Do you think someone broke in?" I asked her.

"There's no signs of forced entry. Everything's in its proper place."

I furrowed my eyebrows, placing a hand under my chin. (Kinda like this 🤔)

"I'm gonna call the police." Heejung said, walking over to the phone.

"Heejung wait." I stopped her, "It gets lonely in here when it's just us, right?"

"Well yeah."

"And we just got five animals."

"I don't know where you're going with this." Heejung said.

I sighed and facepalmed, "Let's just keep them. I could use a few new, fuzzy models for my portfolio."

Heejung thought it over, then nodded her head.

"Okay, we'll keep them. I'm gonna get ready for class." Heejung agreed, waltzing back into her room and closing the door.

Before she closed the door, the animals got out of the basket and approached me.

"Well, I might as well feed you. You guys must be hungry, right?" I asked them jokingly, closing my eyes with a smile.

"I'm hungry." a deep voice said, startling me.

My eyes snapped open in shock, did one of them just talk? I looked down at them all, only to be meowed at by one of the cats.

"So, two cats, and three rabbits? Cool!"

I kneeled down and began examining each animal. An orange cat with big, sparkly, violet eyes. He looked extremely playful and cute. Then there was a small, white rabbit with big, ruby red eyes.

"He must be an albino." I thought to myself before moving on to the next animal.

A silver haired rabbit with ice blue eyes, he was beautiful. I reached out a hand and gently stroked him, he was super soft.

"You're really pretty." I mumbled out.

I focused my attention to the next animal. He was a spotted rabbit with emerald green eyes. He seemed annoyed by the others. And the final cat, he was a black cat wearing a necklace.

"Is that a collar?" I asked out loud.

"Meow." the cat replied.

"Whatever it is, it sure does make you more cute!" I smiled.

Heejung left her room, grabbing an apple and leaving the house. When she left, I grabbed a big salad bowl and put some lettuce and leftover chicken inside. I placed it on the floor for the animals and quickly went into my room to grab my camera and my phone.

While they're here, I might as well start getting comfortable with getting low to get a good photo.

When I walked back into the kitchen, the animals finished eating their food. I picked up the bowl and cleaned it.

"Heejung and I will name you guys when she gets back from her art club, but for the moment, who wants to model for me first?" I asked.

Remembering that animals can't talk, I sighed. Before I could start making a decision, the silver rabbit approached me, sniffing at my ankle.