4. Rubies, Riches and Crowns (2)

"System, what's the situation of the female lead?" Elena asked as she leisurely pulled out the phone from her purse and went through the contact list on Ruby's phone.

"Host, the drugged female lead has already been taken away by the male lead. The kidnappers hired by Miss Linda Haven are un-informed about that, and hence are lurking around the first floor, looking for the female lead." System then hesitated for a while before asking, "Host, do you want me to relay their positions so you can easily escape?"

She scoffed. "Where'd be any fun in that?" Elena pausing in midst of typing on the phone, and said in a dark tone, "Besides, those guys killed Ruby in the original plotline. Letting them off like this would be too easy. I'll make them pay for their crimes against the original owner."

"Host, you don't need to do that. The mission doesn't state that you have to avenge the original owner's death." System pointed out nonchalantly.

Elena clicked her tongue and glanced at her wristband in disdain. "Are you stupid? As soon as I stepped into this world in this body, I became Ruby Davis. That means every grievance she suffered, I suffered it too! So, I will return it all tenfold! After all, I am petty enough to avenge for even littlest of grudges."

System, "....."(─.─||)

'What kind of messed up logic is that?! Why don't you just admit that you feel restless if you don't make someone's life hell?'

Elena completed her text message and then sent it to her coworker Zoey, informing her that she would be going back to her apartment on her own, and that she didn't need to wait for her. Not that Zoey –the drunk lady that had accidentally smacked Elena as soon as she entered this world- would probably even remember checking her phone, being utterly smashed with alcohol.

Putting the phone back in her purse, she gave one last look to her reflection in the mirror and let out a chuckle. "Let's go! This big sister is feeling generous enough today to play with those guys to their heart's content!"

System resisted the urge to sigh in helplessness. This host of his really liked to dig pits for others, didn't she?

Elena turned and walked towards the door of the washroom. As soon as she touched the doorknob, she changed her smug expression to a calm one. She then opened the door and walked out a bit unsteadily, as if she were drunk.

The system that was about to remind it's host to not be OOC before any person in this world, shut his virtual mouth before it could even speak. So his Host did remember the rules, huh. He had though she was just trolling him, with the way she had brushed him off earlier it truly had seemed that way.

Elena walked down the abandoned hallway, stumbling every once in a while like a tipsy person. Now, Elena admitted that she couldn't compete with the first class actresses out there, but at least she wasn't horrendous in acting. Besides Ruby's character is easy to portray, what with her calm and serious attitude towards life that Elena could easily emulate since she herself was like that whenever she worked on any business project. You don't need to act like anyone else when you can find a little bit of the character you want to portray in yourself.

Also, it's not like you need a PHD to act like a drunk.

'System, send me the coordinates of those kidnappers.' Elena mentally asked the system as she came towards the stairway. She then slowly descended down the stairs to the first floor, supporting her 'unsteady' body by placing a hand over the railing.

System scanned her surroundings, and then replied, "Ding! One of them is around the bar area, the other two have mingled with the people on the dance floor. Another one is sitting on the sides, and- ah! Careful, host! The last one is approaching your location from the right."