PART 1: THE END OF EVERYTHING

*Jodi's P.O.V*

I was crouched in the air vent, just above where they were all gathered, my trusty bow in hand. I could hear them, the sounds of moaning and groaning filled my ears, getting closer to me with every breath I took. I held it at times, when they turned to look up at where I had hidden myself, just in case one of them heard me. They never did, but you can never be too careful these days. Who knows what goes on around here in the spring. It was autumn, and winter was not to far away now. Which gave us an advantage on surviving. You see, they get slower in the winter, due to all of the snowfall that comes around in that time. And sometimes, if your really lucky, some of them can end up dying because of the cold. Me, well, I was never lucky. The lucky ones were the ones in The Old World. Do you remember it? Me neither, it has been so long since I was there. The lucky ones were the ones who will always remember it. How? Because they died with it. As many of my friends did, and my teachers, and my neighbours. They, were truly the lucky ones. Because, I believe that if you die in The Old World, you were never meant to leave it and that is where you belonged, and so you died with it. But, if you did not, then you were never meant to be there at all, and you were meant for The New World. Me, I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones. You may believe in different things, but that is what I believe. And it always will be, until I die in The New World, that is what I will always believe. Always.......

The Old World was not my home, but the one before it. The New World would always be my home. This, is our home now. My home......