Chapter One: Miami Plans

"Come on, Aaron!" James said as they watched the people near the South Beach Pier. "Just one more time before we are given our assignments."

Aaron, James, and Hayden were three young mermen who liked to be reckless. For years they have been wandering off on land and going to Miami Beach parties. One of their favorite past times was booking up with human girls. This was strictly forbidden, but they didn't care. This was Miami after all, it was easy for them to get lost in the hustle.

"Okay, but this has to be the last time." Aaron smiled. His piercing blue eyes looked up to the human world. He knew this was where he belonged.

After finding an abandoned place to change, the three hurried to find human clothes. They grabbed a beach bag that belonged to some naive tourists who were out swimming in the ocean. In the bag they found a towel, and two pairs of shorts and two shirts. This would work for now.

"Hayden, you get the towel." James said as he threw the towel at him.

"What- come on- I always get the towel!" Hayden complained. "Can I at least have a shirt to go with it?"

"Sure, I don't need one anyways." James laughed.

The mermen got dressed in their human clothes and began walking along South Point Park. They knew they needed to find some better apparel for their night at the clubs.

"Aaron, go do your thing." James said as he pointed to a designer store right off the boulevard.

"Sure thing Jamie." Aaron winked as he walked off. He looked both ways before crossing the street and headed for the shop.

When he got there, a young woman came out and said, "I'm sorry, no shoes no service."

Aaron pierced her eyes with his and whispered something in her ear. As soon as he pulled back, she looked up at him and said, "Sure thing."

She was dazed and quickly walked back into the store. She soon walked out with a bag large enough to hold outfits for all three of them.

Aaron smiled as she handed him the bag. "Thank you." Then he walked away. The girl stared off at him for a few seconds, but as soon as he was out of view, she continued on with her work day as if she never saw him.

"Nice work man," Hayden smiled as he grabbed Aaron's hand. "Now give me some pants!"

They all laughed as they walked down the street. The sun was going down behind them. They knew they had a few more hours to kill before the parties really began. They looked around at what they thought to be their last night on land.

"Hey there's a couple clubs hosting parties around here tonight." Hayden said as he pointed to some flyers on a corner store window.

"There's our night plans." Said Aaron.

"Wanna stop by the skate park while we wait for nightfall?" James asked.

"Sure, let's go."

The skate park was only a couple blocks away. It was near a clothing optional beach, so they enjoyed stopping by.

When they got there they saw stoners, wannabes, and some real skaters hitting the slopes. James, Aaron, and Hayden enjoyed the thrill of it all.

"Wanna hit?"

James looked around to see who asked. It was a shorter dark haired teenager with a blunt.

"Don't mind if I do." Replied James. He took a puff and then passed it to Hayden.

"I'm good." Said Aaron. He didn't want to get high for his last night on land. He would rather get high on life with his friends and live in the moment.

"Come on, just one hit won't do anything to you." Hayden pressured him.

"Okay. Just one." Agreed Aaron. He knew one hit wouldn't affect him too much. His past was extremely reckless, so he wasn't too worried this dab.

They hung out with the stoners and made small talk as they watched the skaters. They were playing music as they watched. These teens had a chill playlist. They listened to How to Fly by Sticky Fingers. It was a Miami vibe alright.

Just then, three girls who looked to be on their college spring break walked by.

James, Aaron, and Hayden decided to catch up with them...