Pride March

A/N: Kinda a filler chapter where Rajni and Kusum come and visit Karman during the pride march.

One month later

The pride parade was becoming the latest gossip for Rajni and Kusum. They sat down with Keshav, grilling him about anything and everything regarding the event, pestering he elders to let them go to Delhi for the upcoming march.

"Anyways, kuch zaroori baath karni hai un dono se, phone pe nahi kar sakthe. It should be a face to face discussion. Aur maybe hum use yahaan aane ke liye convince karenge... two birds in one stone!" Rajni said. (Anyways, we need to talk to them about something ver important, which can't be talked over the phone. And maybe we can convince them to come over here during the holidays... two birds in one stone!)

"Par yeh pride march kya hai?" Chaman asked. And the three of them (Keshav, Kusum and Rajni) sat down and started lecturing about what is a pride parade and what happens there. (But what is this pride march?)

"Mummy papa ne accept kar liya hai, do hafte ke liye hum tumhare saath reh sakthe hai. Par unhone yeh bhi kaha ki tum dono New Year ke liye Allahabad aana chaahiye ya phir woh tumhare Delhi aa jaayenge" Kusum said while they were talking to Kartik and Aman that night. (Mom and dad have accepted, we can come over there for two weeks. But they also asked me to inform that if you don't come over to Allahabad for the New Year they will come over to Delhi) 

"Par maine bachchon ko promise kiya ki main unke saath Christmas aur New year bitaaunga!" Kartik said with a pout. Kartik had really grown very close to the kids at the children's hospital, getting to know them and their stories. He enjoyed the way they brightened up whenever he came over to visit, sometimes bringing along Aman whenever he was free. (But I had promised the kids that I will spend the Christmas and New year with them!)

"Toh phir Christmas ke pehle weekend aaja na? Aur masterji, weekend main aap free hoge, visit karna koi badi baath nahi." Rajni said, facing Aman. She could understand Kartik's point though, she knew that he felt happy spending time with the kids and didn't have the heart to break his promise. But this was family. (Then come over the weekend before Christmas no? And masterji, you will be free in the weekend, it is not a big thing to visit)

"Achcha baba, hum discuss karke batha denge ki hum kab aayenge. Diwali hi toh hum aaye the wahaan. It's not like hum unse milne hi nahi aaye." Aman said. "Woh naraaz hai ki tum unse baath hi nahi karte ho, aur kuch nahi." Kusum said. (Ok, we will discuss and inform them about when we will come over. We just visited you guys during Diwali. Its not like we didn't come to visit at all) (They are angry that you don't talk with them that often, nothing else)

"Toh... kab aa rahe ho tum dono?" Kartik asked. "Pride march ki do din pahle. Aur us din se do hafte hum tumhare saath Delhi mein rahenge. Sightseeing bhi karna hai na?" Rajni said. (So... when are you two coming?) (Two days before the pride march. And we will stay in Delhi for two weeks from then. After all, we need to do sightseeing)

"Ok then, see you in a week, dher ho rahi hai ab, kal masterji ko toh jaldi jaana hai na? Good night!" Kartik said, ignoring Aman's indignant 'hey' in the background. (Ok then, see you in a week, its getting late, masterji has to leave pretty early tomorrow no? Good night!)

Three days after this conversation, Kartik was sitting at home with Aman, both of them just chilling and watching TV when there was a sudden commotion of things being moved around. "Koi vacate kar rahe hai kya? Ya are they moving in?" Kartik asked. Aman just shrugged and went outside to look into it, only to see a very familiar face. (Is anyone vacating? Or are they moving in?)

"Tum!" he cried out as he saw her. "Oh hi Aman! Kaise ho tum?" R asked and waved. "Arey Aman kya hua?" Kartik asked as he approached him. "Tum?" Kartik asked in surprise. (You!) (Oh hi Aman! How are you?) (Aman what happened?)