chapter 8

The water was freezing, but for some reason, inviting.

The man was still holding my arm, but his legs were now together, and covered in scales. there now a dark green tail.

I look next to me to find the girls both had matching light pink tails.

Ahead of us was the group of other merfolk, behind us, the leader was swimming, her tail a bright red.

(Like wolf packs, the weaker or older ones set the pace, second in command behind them, then the rest of the pack, then the 3rd in commander guards them, the the last person is the alpha,  making shore there is no one left behind)

The leader seamed to sense my eyes on her, and she making eye contact.

I realized  her eyes weren't just silver, they had flakes of blue and light green. I breathed in sharply, jealous of her beauty. But I know if i showed off my girl looks to others, I would be in danger.

The leader swam up behind me and the man, and she spoke through the water.

"Go with the others, I can take this one."

The man nods and let's go of me.

The girl took his place, and me and her swam a little ways behind Blake the the other merfolk.

"What did you see in the vision? "

What she asked surprised me.

"You didn't cause my vision?"

I was surprised I could speak, the sound sounded strange and muffled but I could still talk.

"No, the queen personally requested that she created your vision.  I wonder why. "

She sounded almost jealous of the queen taking an interest in me.

"You're really pretty. "

She looked at me, almost shocked, like she never got complements like that before.

"Um.... thank you, you are too."
Her face changed slightly, looking ahead of us, her face almost as red as her tail.

I could only imagine my face being the same shade.

I look ahead and find a arch way made of stone, and old stone buildings. Some windows showed faces of other merfolk looking at us.

We make it to a big castle, the opening huge.

On the thrown, the women I met in my vision leaned agents the back.

She never once looked away from me.

"Welcome to my islands, I've been expecting you."

Blake looked at me then the women.

"Can you understand them?"

The women who's named I remember to be Luna, roles her eyes and waves at a merman near the edge of the room.

He comes over with a sea weed looking plant, and remove Blake's mask.

I try reaching out to Blake but the girl held me back.

The man shoves the plant into the panicking Blake's mouth, then the man places the mask back onto Blake's face.

Blake catches his breath.

"What the funky smelling fish was that!"

He asked, holding his throat.

"Now you can understand us."

His eyes widen, and I relax.  Holding onto my necklace for comfort.

"Now,..." Luna stops, looking at what I'm holding.

She swims up to me, faster then anyone else, grabbing my hand, looking at the necklace.

Her eyes widen, and she grabs my cheeks.

"Found you."

She puts her thumbs on my temples, and kiss my forehead.

My vision became black around the edges. I felt sick.

My legs shot with pain, I tried to cry out but the mask felt like it was suffocating me.

Luna backs up, the man from before holding back Blake, who seamed to be either trying to get to me, or trying to attack the queen.

When I couldn't take the pressure anymore, I ripped the mask off.

I sucked in water, but I still felt chocked.

My throat filled with water, I thought I was going to die.

I held my throat, trying to breath.

I felt dizzy, my body surrounded in a glowing substance.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!!"
Blake's voice came from far away.

"Well, for one, it's not a him, it's a her. And two, she belongs in the sea. "

My body felt heavy, sinking deep until I could feel the floor under my back.

"B...b..."

"What's that sweetie?"
Luna voice sounded close.

"Blake.... d...don't leave ....m..me."

Hello my beautiful/handsome/ pretty
Readers. I hope you like this, sorry this is short, I'm baby sitting and really needed to update.
Please leave comments and stars on this and my other books. I work really hard and want to be a writer when I get older.