Sibling Rivalry

Bruce

Why did I even roll out of bed this morning? I could’ve easily snoozed a few more hours and slipped out of dodge before my mom came home bitching. A little more sleep may have prevented, or at least minimized the throbbing, hammer-like pain I felt in the back of my head. This hangover had me feeling like I never wanted to drink or do drugs again. Almost. Everyone knows that the most effective remedy for a hangover is to feed it more intoxicants, so that’s what I did, starting with that heavenly joint.

I pulled up to a lovely shot of Ruthie’s ass, looking all nice and edible with her pants literally sucked into it. She hated how her rear behaved like a hungry, volatile vortex, but it was one of many things I loved about her. At 17 and 19 years old respectively, Ruthie and I were madly in love and deep down, I knew it tore Shane apart.

“Why did I know you were gonna smack my ass like that?”

“Cause you know it’s like a magnet. Big ole juicy magnet.”

I gave Ruthie a tight hug, picking her up and swinging her around in the process. After putting her back on the ground, I lowered my hands and used them to firmly grip her cheeks. Shane died a little more inside.

“You know mom’s gonna go on a rampage if she sees you over here.”

“Mom can eat a fat one, you know what I’m saying.”

“That is so uncalled for,” Ruthie scalded.

I loved my mom. I really did. Shame she was such a bitch, though. So I didn’t have my shit together. No job. No solid roof over my head for the simple fact that she kept putting me out. But Tommy just got a plug on some acid. Not that tricky RC shit you get online ... some real grade-A shit. With the demand higher than it’s been in years, I’m set to make a killing. Then watch ... my mom will be standing there with her grubby has paws out ... asking for money she can use to pay the dealer around the corner and the other one up the block at the liquor store.

“Ay, wanna go for a ride?”

As expected, Ruthie wiggled her head to look behind me and check out the ride. “Who’s car is that?”

“Tommy’s.”

“Bullshit,” my brother chimed in with his two cents. “Tommy’s still driving that beat up Intrepid. You telling me he brought a 300 M since I seen him yesterday.”

Sometimes I couldn’t stand this fucker. Like with a taking his block off with a meat cleaver type of passion. “Okay inspector fuckin’ maggot, it’s a car Tommy stole. He’s taking it to his uncle’s chop shop tomorrow. I’m just drivin’ it through the hood for a minute.”

My decision to come clean set Ruthie off. Now she would never shut the fuck up. I owed Shane a phat ass whippin’ for this one.

“Tommy? Are you kidding me? You still fucking with that loser? Knowing he stole those pills from you? And after that shit he said to me?”

“Listen, I can handle Tommy. That motherfucker owes me. He’s lucky I don’t take this fucking car myself. Plus ... I got something special planned for us.”

“Oh yeah?” There it goes. The tilt of the and slight grin with a hand on her hip.

Ruthie could be naive and at times, straight up dumb. I don’t know if it was because she loved to live on the edge, loved me, or was influenced by something in her past, but I could pull anything over on her with a little smooth talking. Stealing money from her purse, fucking other girls, I could eventually get her to see my way with just about anything, so like any smart fool would, I used it to my advantage. My brother would often swoop in with his cape snug and try to play Captain-Save-A-Hoe but it didn’t matter ... I had my game hooked into Ruthie’s hot young flesh and refused to let go.

“Yeah. I actually got us a room down at the Inn.”

Her face lit up with cheer, eyes twinkling, cheeks puffed and hopeful while lifting up a perfect set of dimples. “Shabodique? You know I love that place.”

 “You got a room at the Shabodique Inn? Are you kidding me?”

“If you must know, Shawn works there, and since he owes me like 35 favors, I talked him into slidin’ me a room key under the table.” My brother’s jealousy had gone beyond sickening. You’d think he’d be happy for us, but naw ... he’d rather hate my guts and jackoff to the pictures of Ruthie he kept in his iPhone. Downright pathetic is what he was.

“Before I was rudely interrupted ... I was thinking we could put together a party sack, snatch up something to eat and chill out with some TV.”

“Yeah let’s just have night out on the town in this stolen car. That’s pure brilliance.”

“We’re gonna be at the room. Look here asshole, you need to shut the fuck up and mind your business.” Had Ruthie not stepped in between us, I would’ve torn his head off.  

“Will you two cut it out?! That shit gets really annoying. Real fast. Look. I’ll go. But only if we all go.”

“Are you kidding me?! I tell you I wanna spend some time with me and you, and you invite this loser along. What is up?” That’s when it hit me. She had feelings for Shane. Not the “this my punk ass brother” feelings like she tried to play ... but feelings that bordered on the line of wanting to swap spit with him. All this time. Right under my nose. Those fuckers!

“Well, riding around in a stolen car isn’t necessarily my idea of a romantic evening, but I was thinking we could just chill together. I’m sure Shane doesn’t wanna be here with your mom and Wayne get here with their shit.”

Ruthie tried to run that sentimental game, but she couldn’t get one over on me. She had some twisted, queer ass lust for my little brother. I’d deal with it more in depth later, but decided to have a bit of fun with it for now.

“Oh I get it. Me. You. My brother. The hotel. You tryna keep it in the family for real, huh?. Okay.”

“Shut up, boy!” She punched me in the arm wearing a half scowl, half smile on her pretty face. “I’m serious. Why can’t we just chill out together today? Just us. No drama.”

I wasn’t in the mood to deal with my brother, the worthless piece of shit who even failed at taking up space, but she wouldn’t take no for an answer. So I decided to play along ... to get what I wanted, of course.

“Fuck it. Come on Shane. Let’s roll out.

A guy with a shred of dignity and an ounce of balls about him would have declined. Not this fucker. He wanted to tag along like a nagging five year old. Even had the nerve to shoulder bump me on the way to the car. Cock blocking bastard!