Prologue & Chapter I

To whom it may concern.

If you are reading this then I'm assuming things didn't go so good. The Angel told me there was a chance I wouldn't remember much after my transition, so I wrote this just in case. My name is Daniel Sharp, I'm 22 years old and I don't have much left to live for. Where you are now is called The Bacchae, it's my bar, and the only thing I give a shit about anymore, so please don't just sell it.

Three years ago my mother was shot. She was the only kind thing in this world, and I knew it was my/ our father who did it. He died soon after, when I confronted him about it. They said it was a heart attack but I always felt it was something I'd done. We were left with millions to do what I wanted, there is still quite a bit left since it's all tied up in banks I can't get to... maybe you'll have more luck. It was that money that brought this bar, and our apartment on 23rd which you might want to live in more than I do.

The Angel said she would unlock the power of the Greek God Dionysos in me, that's where you come in and as I said before, if you're reading this then I guess she couldn't save my memories. I'm okay with this though, knowing it's only a matter of time before you get your

------

Nysos looked up at the dark haired Angel and saw her sympathy for him. He swallowed hard and nodded, it was time. He was ready to leave this shitty little existence and become something much greater. Immortality sounded like a good idea right? Live forever as a Divinity, rain down his gifts and what not, on people he cared about.

He closed his eyes as he felt her hand on his chest. He didn't really know what to expect, but he sure as hell knew when it happened. A thousand needles tearing and ripping his skin. Pulling him apart. He could see a blue glow under his eyelids and he wanted to scream out in pain. He tried, though he didn't know-or care, whether the sound had actually escaped his lips. He felt like a metal pole was being pushed slowly, aggresively inside his rib cage. Pulling, tugging. Pain.

His eyes felt like they were about to burst from his skull, his brain pounding and pushing while it felt like his Cranium was cracking for the pressure. His arms and legs throbbed and ached as they tried to thrash around, his muscles firing off but no movement rewarding their efforts.

He felt a fight inside of him, his stomach feeling like it had been forcefully turned inside out and back. His intestines feeling as if they'd been cut a million times with tiny razor teeth. Normally you can't even feel your organs, but as his soul fought to get away from the Angel's grip, everything inside him seemed to have nerves.
"I felt that What the hell is that?!" That ringing? The humming.... It sounds sweet... but it's angry. He was distracted from the pain as he felt like he was watching himself. Standing there seeing The Angel wrist-deep inside his chest. -Wouldn't it be coming out the other side? He saw the peacefull look on his face. And he felt as though he was slowly fading. Fading Away.

Then there was nothing but darkness. No body, no Azrael. Nothing. How was he standing up? Where was he? What the fuck is that thing?

-I'm your God.

Wait so I'm dead?-

-No. I am Dionysos.

How are you even here-

-You need to accept me. My gifts. Do you?

Well... I mean yeah-

-Very well then Nysos.

Knowledge. Information. History. Thrusting itself into his mind. Kronos, Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Hades, Athena. Names-Faces-powers. An Oath? What Oath? Yes I agree to those Terms and Conditions. Never once read any in my life but sure what the hell.
Goodbye? What do you mean goodbye? Where are you going? Where am I going?!