4

"No one expects the angel to set the world on fire."

Will

"Dad. . .I'm telling you, she is one of those gems you are searching for. She is a web novel writer but she never told anyone. You are already searching for new talent. Check it out, I'm telling you, you won't be upset. And she has around 400k readers on her Wattpad and Inkitt page."

He removes his reading glasses and looks at me. Mum chuckles patting my back. "Tom, go through the work if Will is keen on it." 

"You think so?"

"Yes, maybe you might like her work."

"But she's young, love. We have already gone through some of the trending Wattpad works. They weren't what we were searching for you," Dad said. 

"Dad. . . Not all the trending books are the best work. Some of the best aren't even found yet." Mum nodded her head in agreement. "That's true. I agree with him, Tom."

"Okay, show me her profile." I give him a smile picking up my iPad. I open her profile and hand it over to Dad.  He takes the iPad from me checks Alaina's account and goes through the books that are available on Wattpad. 

"Not bad, she has good numbers and positive reviews," Dad commented, and I smiled. "I will read the first two chapters and if the beginning is good. I will make sure to read the rest."

"Sure!" I take my seat and Mum hands over her phone. "Download the app on my phone. I will check her work as well." 

"That's a good idea. You could share your opinion," Dad said. Dad continues reading the chapters. "Hmm. . . The first chapters sound good. Some slight changes and editing."

I smile brightly. "I will have my team read the story and I will make a decision." 

"Thanks, Dad!" I said, getting up from the chair and going over to his side to hug him. 

"Who is this special friend of yours whom we don't know about?" Mum asked.

"Her name is Alaina, she is my best friend." Mum raised her brow but smiled. "Best friend? And we never met her?" I caressed the back of my hair as I gave them a sheepish smile. "Well, I haven't thought of it before."

"Then you have to invite her for dinner." My dad said. Mum looked at him. "Yeah, that's a good idea to know her." 

"For sure."

"And, your friend needs to send her project formally. She needs to send it as a document via email along with her details." Dad looked at his iPad. "Anyway, I will share the link with the team but formal email has to be there."

"Okay, Dad. I will take care of it."

"Hmm, okay. I will read the story along with the team and see how it goes. Though, I'm not the only one to make the decision. So be open about the decision," Dad said.

"Yes."

"I heard you are moving back?" Dad added. I gave him a nod. "Living in the penthouse is boring. Eating junk made me sick and fat."

"I will make healthy food for you," Mum said and my eyes widened in horror.

"No. . . If you mean those grass things as healthy, then I don't wanna eat them." Dad started laughing while mumma frowned.

"Her infamous salad." My dad commented while mumma hit his hand. "I'm kidding darling." He said, taking her hand in his hands.

"Hey, she makes amazing food."