10 / jax

I lean against the back of the laundromat, finishing my cigarette

I lean against the back of the laundromat, finishing my cigarette. It's a cloudy day and the wind is carrying the scent of fresh linen, birds chirping happily on the wires above my head.

"Hey," Aurora says while biting her lip. Her hair is in a sleek ponytail and she's wearing jean shorts and a white crop top, perfectly showing off her body. Her hips sway as she walks towards me, a sort of sass Dani never had.

Immediately, my cigarette is discarded in the gutter, my arms wrapping around her waist. She's petite, her head fitting right in the crook of my neck. She looks up at me and smiles some more, like she wants something.

I grab her ass, leaning in until our lips meet and I'm backed against the wall. We've been doing this every day for two weeks.

"I want more," she whines while pulling the collar of my shirt, "can we please go to my place this time?"

Even though absolutely nobody will spot us back here, I do a double take and whisper near her ear. "We can."

Her eyes light up like it's Christmas. I cup both of her cheeks and press another kiss to her lips. "But we have to be discreet."

She nods obediently. "How about you come over at 3, and if anyone asks, you're selling me something."

I laugh to myself, thinking of what I could possibly be selling to Aurora. I've only opened up a little bit about my home life and my past.

"Alright, I'll bring the condoms," I tell her with a wink, causing her cheeks to heat up red. She hides her face in my neck, something I've noticed she always does when she's embarrassed.

We stand there for a few seconds, my fingers stroking her smooth hair, the scent of fresh laundry dissipating for the time being.

"What are we?" She suddenly asks, looking up at me with doe eyes.

"What do you think?" I ask her, brushing more loose hairs behind her ear. That's a question I'm not prepared to answer.

It's hard to define our relationship. I haven't seen Dani in five days and I've seen Aurora every day except one. She knows I haven't said anything to Dani yet and is somehow still okay with it — maybe because she knows I'm not messing around with anyone but her. Not even my own girlfriend.

She shrugs and rubs her lips together, the same glossy red as when we first met. "I want to be your boyfriend."

My shoulders sink and I sigh instinctively. I've been pushing off a conversation with Dani, but now I guess it has to happen.

"I need to break up with Dani first," I say with a small laugh. I never thought I'd be in this situation.

"Can you do it today? After we're done at my house?" She asks again, her finger lightly tracing a bruise on my cheekbone.