Anne Frank

Hello I'm here to publish my 1st story, hope you'll enjoy it. :)

Prologue:

Annelies Marie Frank was born on 12th June 1929 to her parents Otto Frank and Edith Frank Holländer in Frankfurt on Main in Germany. 

Her family were Jewish and in 1933 they had to leave Germany for Amsterdam in the Netherlands after the Nazis took power under the leadership of Adolf Hitler. 

Anne, her parents and her older sister Margot spent many happy years living in Merwedeplein in Amsterdam. However in May 1940 when the Nazis invaded the Netherlands, the persecution of Jewish people began and in July 1942, Otto Frank decided to take his family into hiding to escape the horrors of the Nazi regime.

The Frank family, along with the Van Pels and Mr Fritz Pfeffer spent 3 years hiding in the secret annex behind the warehouses of Otto Frank's pectacon company at 263 Prinsengracht with the help of Miep Gies, Johannes Kleiman, Victor Kugler and Bep Voskuijl who worked in the offices.

It was during this time when Anne wrote her diary, which she recieved on her 13th birthday on 12th June 1942, a month before she went into hiding.

In her diary, Anne wrote her thoughts and feelings as well as sketches of everyday life in 'het achterhuis' (or 'the secret annex').

Around 1944 after hearing a broadcast on the radio, Anne decided that after the war she wanted to publish a book based on her diary and so began to rewrite all her diary entries.

On the 4th August 1944, the eight people in hiding were arrested by the Gestapo after an anonomous phonecall. They were taken to Westerbork, a Dutch Jewish transport camp and then in September they were transported to Auschwitz.

Both Anne and Margot spent about 2 months in Auschwitz Birkanau (the women's camp) with their mother Edith and Mrs Van Pels. However in November, after a selection, Margot and Anne were taken to Bergen Belsen. It was there where they both died, in March 1945 from typhus.

Only Otto Frank survived the war and when he arrived back in Amsterdam, Miep Gies, who managed to save a few things from the annex after it was raided, gave Otto Anne's diaries.

In 1947, Otto Frank published Anne's diaries, which were edited slightly and based upon Anne's rewrites for publication.

In the Netherlands it became known as 'Het Achterhuis'. In the UK, USA and CANADA it became known as

'The Diary of a Young Girl'.

The diary has since become a worldwide best seller, becoming the most widely read non fiction book after the Bible.

The annex, where the Frank family hid, has since been made into a museum. 

Many organisations have been created in Anne's name, which aim to fight prejudice and discrimination around the world and spread Anne's message of tolerance.

Short one.

                                                                                                                                                       The END.