Prudence

"She has these golden eyes." He smiled,"they were big and beautiful and they would glow when light hit them. They would glow when she smiled... When we were younger."

I nodded, encouraging him to go on while writing down every detail. John looked at me,"If you were to have told me this was gonna happen to her a year ago, I would've shrugged, told you that everyone knew it would. She acted happy, sure. But everyone knew she wasn't."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Prudence sang some cute little tune as she brushed her long black hair. Everything she did belonged in a movie. She was so graceful and careful, her movements cautious and light. She rubbed on some foundation and flicked on some mascara in her pearl bathroom mirror she had found and made pretty again. Her obsession was vintage furniture, everything she owned she had gotten at an antique store or thrift shop. Prudence believed everything had a chance at renewing themselves.

She hustled down to her kitchen and grabbed an apple and her car keys before heading out to her aunts gold pinto. Prudence sped off to the little old house her grandmother lived in and hurried inside, trying to escape the cold.

"Prudence?" Her grandmothers voice called out.

"I'm here grandma." She found her grandma curled up on the old grey love seat and staring out the window with a cute little snowman mug in her small hands. Prudence sat in the cherry colored arm chair placed on the other side of the window and watched her grandmother with a very passionate and serious look.

"Prudence, darling, what's been bothering you?" Her grandma asked, looking over at her beautiful granddaughter. Prudence frowned and looked out the window, just staring at the beauty untouched by man.

"I don't think I'll last much longer, grandma. Everything scares me and it's been too much to handle lately."

Her grandmother smiled at her while reaching out and holding her beautiful granddaughters hand,"Don't give up too soon, we haven't got time for negativity in this short life of ours."