Prolouge

Prologue: Erin's POV

"So, we're all just here to get wasted?" I looked to Phil, then to Brian, both of which held half-crushed beer cans in their hands.

"You say 'all' like there's a lot of us," Brian remarked. "When in reality, it's just you, me, and Philbo, here."

I narrowed my eyes. Already, Phil was my favorite of the two, and that said something. "That wasn't what I asked, now was it?"

Stepping into the conversation, Phil shook his head. "We're not only here to get wasted. We might play a little beer pong, too. And we'll open up our beach club to you," He took a hit of beer. "And, this isn't a one-time thing, either. We'll get drunk, maybe fuck; hell, I don't know. I just know this won't be some sort of shitty, one-nighter."

I had no idea what the hell I was getting myself into, with the two, 23 year-old defensemen who stood before me, but frankly, I was probably better off not knowing.

I considered my options, for a moment, and thought about the facts. I was a 21 year-old, Penn State dropout, who'd moved back to their shitty hometown of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, just because they had no other plans, whatsoever. I was single, and friendless, and had nothing to lose.

So, eventually, I nodded. "I'm in."