14

"I saw your friend last night." I eyed Taryn cautiously.

"I told you I don't have any friends." She muttered.

"She used to come round here all the time," I reminded her. "You and Lewis were talking about her not too long ago."

"Hazel." Taryn glanced at me."Where did you see her?"

"At Lorraine's party, she was with Rich's brother Olando,"

Taryn scoffed as she turned away no longer appearing interested, "I'm not surprised she gets around. She knows everyone."

"What happened between you two?"

"Why are you interested in her all of a sudden?" Taryn narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "You never even acknowledged her when she used to come over."

"Because I find it random that she's with Olando. She's so young."

"Look, she's almost twenty she can do what she wants."

"Yeah, but Olando is in his thirties."

Taryn folded her arms defensively."So?"

"So...it's inappropriate." I frowned.

"Just because we're young doesn't mean we're not mature enough for an older guy. Guys our age are so immature look at Lewis I love him to death but I couldn't be with him. He's so fickle every day he's obsessed with a new girl."

I saw this as a perfect opportunity to pry for some more information about her mystery boyfriend. "So is the guy you're with older?"

Taryn hesitated before she responded, "Yes."

I wanted to launch into more questions but I also didn't want to push my luck. I noted the look of regret evident on my sister's face as she slipped past me and exited the kitchen.

I sighed in defeat before glancing at my phone and noticing two iMessage notifications from Rich. I miss you the message read followed by a full-frontal nude with him gripping his erect penis in his hand. I jolted in surprise accidentally dropping my phone.

Taryn spun around. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I croaked, clearing my throat as I swiped my phone off the kitchen floor. I peered at the picture again taking in his perfectly symmetrical face, strong jawline, his toned body and the pubic hair sprouting on top of his lengthy penis. There was no denying the fact that my attraction to Rich had me in a chokehold.

***

My lecture had been cancelled. Zara and I exchanged looks of confusion when we walked inside the lecture theatre and saw it was practically empty.

"What a waste of travel money." She tutted. "I might as well go to the gym. Do you want to come?"

I gave her a deliberate look as she laughed.

"It was worth a try," she shrugged as we walked out of the revolving doors and into the crisp morning air. I quickly glanced at the time on my phone, it was quarter-past nine. "So what are your plans for the day?"

"I've got articles I need to get done for Valid so I'm just going home," I replied as we instinctively walked in the direction of the train station.

Stephanie: Why isn't period leave a thing? My cramps won't let me move and I'm supposed to be at work in half an hour

Jaycee: Just call in sick

Stephanie: JC why are you up so early?

Jaycee: None of your business