𝐎𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐖𝐀 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐔 | heather.

" i still remember, third of december ,,

"you look cold." oikawa said. "i am you ass!" it just started to snow but the air was already cold. your face was turning red as snow fell on the tip of your nose. "here," he said as he gave you his sweater. you were pretty shocked. being his best friend since childhood, this has never happened. "thanks..."

" me in your sweater, said it looked better
on me than it did you, only if you knew how much i liked you ,,

"it's so big on you!" he laughed, looking down at you. "just because im shorter than you doesn't mean anything you flat ass!" you yelled. he stopped laughing and looked directly in your eyes. you instantly became nervous. your palms started to sweat in the cold climate. "you look better in it. you should keep it." he said. your heart was racing. as much as you wanted to be in the warmth of his sweater, you didn't want your crush to be obvious. "no thanks, that's more laundry to do."

" but i watched your eyes as she walked by,
what a sight for sore eyes, brighter than a blue sky ,,

"y/n, did you see that new girl?" your best friend asked. you took a quick glance at her and felt jealousy spread all through out your veins. "she's not that pretty." you mumbled, picking at your food. "oikawa's eyeing her, y/n." you felt your heart drop. your jealousy was replaced with sadness. "it doesn't matter! it's not like they'll date or anything..." you said. your heart felt like disappearing. you watched oikawa as he walked up to her.

" she's got you mesmerized
while i die ,,

"i saw you talking to the new girl!" you stated. "heather? yeah she's really nice. i think i might really like her" he said. you felt absolutely sick. why couldn't it be me? "well, you are oikawa tooru. she'll like you back in no time."

" why would you ever kiss me, i'm not
even half as pretty ,,

"what happened to you and oikawa?" iwaizumi asked. "what do you mean?"

"you haven't been talking to him. and he's been with heather a lot these days." he stated. heather. heather. heather. just her name hurt you. "isn't it obvious? he's in love with heather. i can't do anything about it." you sighed, shifting your gaze to the classroom. your tears started to develop as you saw oikawa getting closer to her, enveloping her in an embrace which quickly escalated in a kiss. "no matter what i do, i'll never be her." you choked on your words, walking away.

'" you gave her your sweater, it's just polyester. but you like her better ,,

you walked silently through the halls, next to your best friend. it's obvious that they were going out. you knew deep down but yet you denied it. then you saw it. heather was wearing his sweater. the exact sweater he offered to give you. "you look better in it. you should keep it." you remembered. "it's just a stupid sweater." you whispered. you sat down on your seat and felt tired already. you wish this bad dream would end. you wished heather never came in your life. "y/n can i talk to you." oikawa said. for the first time in months he called for you. you had hope that maybe a miracle was about to happen. "umm okay?" you tried to hide your excitement.

"what do you wanna talk about." you asked. "i'm planning to ask heather out." you felt your heart crack. knowing him, you thought he already did. but as he tells you his plans, it breaks you even more. he truly does like her, huh?

"oh."

"well, just tell her you uh, you l-like her. i'm sure she does as well." you responded, faking the best possible smile you could. inside you felt like bursting into tears. the pain was so unbearable that you felt like collapsing. "is something wrong?" he asked. you shook your head no. you just kept your mouth shut.  why would you ever confess when his heart already belonged to someone else? "goodluck oikawa. i wish you all the best!" you gave him a thumbs up as he smiled at you and walked away. you looked back at the classroom window.

heather. she's so pretty. her green eyes and brown hair, her soft tone when she speaks. you despised her yet you wanted to be her. she was a good match for him. and it broke your heart to know that. you silenced your cries as your ran to the bathroom.
" i wish i were heather."