Self-confidence + Insecurities

Self-confidence is one of the most difficult things to get back. Sometimes you just don't see what other people see. They see an amazing person and all you see are flaws. The thing is it can come in different forms. It could be because of something you are insecure about on the outside, or it's because of a comment someone made. I feel as though growing up I wasn't teased about my looks. I was but the more I've thought about it, the more the situation makes me laugh. I was told I looked like a grandma because of the glasses I wore which didn't suit my face and I wore a low ponytail. It didn't hurt my feelings at the time but I wanted to please everyone. Anyway fast forward to now and I don't wear glasses because I stopped in 5th grade and my parents didn't see a reason to buy them again if I wasn't going to wear them. I understand and now that I've come this far I want to buy myself glasses. This time around I don't really care about what others think, and I'm proud of myself for that. Not only that but I also got over the fact that I was so insecure about my smile. My two front teeth are crooked and my teeth aren't white. I'm not sure when or why I became so insecure about it but I did, I wasn't willing to show my teeth when I smiled for years. One day I decided to take a photo to see how I would look if I smiled with my teeth and I liked it better. This smile seemed so much more genuine than the other but I didn't feel comfortable with smiling in pictures that others would see. Yet once in a while, I would smile with my teeth in pictures and slowly I started smiling in pretty much every picture but it took time. I'm still insecure, When I laugh I still cover my mouth unless I feel comfortable around the people I'm with. The things I was once insecure about are slowly becoming something I want to be proud of.