2

I wake up to find GG asleep still so I decide to leave her be. I then walk out to the kitchen to see my dad standing there.

"McKinley-" I cut him off.

"I can explain," I say quickly.

"Why didn't you just tell me you were planning on watching one of your friends' kids?" he asks. "I got here at midnight to hear crying coming from your room. I go in to find a two year old crying. I changed her and put her back to sleep so she wouldn't wake you up."

"The thing is... She's not one of my friends' kids," I say looking down. "She's mine."

"What?!" he questions rather loudly.

"I'm sorry dad. It was just a couple years ago at one of my friends' parties I had a few drinks and ended up sleeping with some guy," I respond.

"What's her name?" he asks calmly.

"Gwendolyn," I reply and his look softens.

"You named her after your mom," he says softly.

"Yeah, I did," I say. He then walks over and hugs me.

"Why name her after your mom?" he questions.

"I thought I'd name her after the most amazing, beautiful woman I've ever known," I respond with a smile.

"McKinley," he says hugging me tighter. "You should've just told me about her."

"I didn't want to give you any additional stress," I explain.

"Where has she been?" he asks pulling away.

"Staying with Cassandra, she's the one I went to during the whole thing," I reply.

"You should keep her here now that we know about her," he says.

"I'll see if Cass is okay with it once she gets back," I say with a smile. I look at the clock to see that it's noon. "Crap, I've got plans with Molly in an hour."

"If I'd known I would've woken you up," he says as I rush to my room. I quickly call up Ryan.

"Hey Ry."

"Hey, what's up?"

"Is there anyway you can look after GG today? I've got plans with Molly. I mean if you can't I can totally take her with me."

"Well I've got plans with Bubba and Chase but it's just to play video games. So I think we can watch her."

"You know most moms would be fine leaving a one year old with two 25 year olds and a 23 year old, me not so much."

"She'll be fine with us Kins."

"Okay well you'll have to come get her. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's perfectly fine."

"When you pick her up I'll give you her diaper bag, playpen and car seat. You'll have everything you need to take care of her."

"Sounds good, she'll be in good hands trust me."

"I trust you Ry, I do."

"I'll see you in a bit, I love you."

"I love you too." I then hang up and toss my phone on my bed before going to shower.

Once I'm done in the shower I tie my hair up in a towel before getting dressed. I throw on one of Ryan's throwback shirts, jeans, and some Adidas trainers. I then blow dry my hair before curling it then put on makeup. I grab GG's diaper bag, my phone, keys, and purse before walking into the living room. I see GG playing with Ryan.