xiii. 1970s

CHAPTER THIRTEEN//1970s

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

HERMIONE AND ORA walked into the Great Hall, the first thing they saw was Hannah Abbott helping Professor Flitwick with the huge Christmas tree. Their eyes searched for the other three friends as they held a tight grip on their suitcases. Once they spotted them, they walked over to them, hearing Harry say, "Knight to E-5."

A piece moved across the board. As Avery watched, she grabbed a cookie from the plate in between her and Ron, leaving one left. Ron thinks about his next move for a moment. "Queen to E-5." The queen walked over to E-5 and clinks the knight away. "That's totally barbaric!" Hermione said. "That's wizard's chess." Ora says, lightly nudging Hermione.

"I see you've packed." Ron points out. "See you haven't." The bushy haired girl retorts. Avery softly snickers at her comment making the red head next to her give her an unnoticeable smile. "Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there!" He explains.

"That's awesome! Sometimes dragons can be fascinating, you know? They don't just have fire breath!" Avery smiled widely towards Ron and he returned it. Ora looked between the two and slightly smirked. "Good. Since you, Harry and Hannah are going to be the only ones here, you can help them. They're going to go the library for information on Nicholas Flamel." Ora concluded.

Ron rolled his eyes, "We've looked a hundred times!" "Not in the restricted section." Hermione said. Hannah comes behind them and says, "Exactly. We haven't found any information about whoever this guy is...we need to expand our limits!" Hermione smiles at her in satisfactory knowing that she's not leaving the two boys with an idiot.

"Happy Christmas." Hermione says as she walked away. Avery stands up from her seat next to Ron and grabs her stuff. She goes for the last cookie not realizing that the boy was too. Their connected hands make them look at each before the start a little argument about who gets the last cookie. Despite the time that the three girls had before leaving, they play rock, paper, scissors to determine who gets it.

Since they kept tying every time, Ora rolls her eyes. She takes out her wand and the cookie starts to fly up gently. The girl makes the treat break into two pieces and sets it down in front of both of them, "You could've just split the damn thing!" They both take the pieces that were given to them and Avery leans down. She puts four boxes in front of Harry, Hannah and Ron. "Give this one to Cedric, Han. We really have to go now." Avery says to Ora. "You think?!" They walk out of the Great Hall Avery turns to Ora and repeatedly taps her shoulder.

"What?"

"I forgot to give something to Draco..."