Twenty-Two

It was absolute chaos.

Everyone was running everywhere, screaming. The only thing they were all able to do is fight their ways out of the large house's halls, which was quite useless.

"Up stairs! Up stairs!" Someone was yelling, but it was impossible to figure out who. Regardless, everyone started running up the stairs, but that didn't seem like the final escape they thought it would be.

They were crowded, running, and pushing each other blindly and not looking back.

"Get up!" Someone yelled, and Yeji's ears were able to recognize the voice, but she barely figured out the face because of the thick fog. However, she was busy managing her own breathing, and that was one hard task. The hardest.

She was pulled up and guided somewhere that wasn't familiar, but the pushing and loud noises made it clear that she, and the person pulling her behind him, weren't the only people in there.

"Listen to me, hold this rope tightly, and push yourself downwards, do you understand?" He was yelling to her face, but all Yeji did was fight the urge to close her eyes and fall. She could barely make out what was being said to her. "God dammit!" He groaned, and Yeji felt her body being clenched, only then was she able to see the face of that person clearly because of how close they were.

Right before she took a word out of her own mouth, she felt air hitting her body and face suddenly. Her eyes closed shut, and the last thing she felt was an arm around her waist and air pushing against her.

While inside the house yet, some people were still stuck and struggling. Some were unable to find their ways out, and some were just simply encompassed by fire.

"Jimin!" Naeun called out. "Yoongi!" And so on. She was limping, whining in pain because of the glass that flew out of somewhere and pierced through the skin of her right thigh. The smoke was already making her dizzy, and the coughing wouldn't stop, yet she gave her all to standing up and looking for her friends who scattered before she knew it.

"Miss! You need to get out!" Someone got a good hold of her arm, but she immediately tried to push them away.

"My friends," she tried to raise her voice so it could be clear among the hassle of screaming, "I need to find my friends." She was able to break out of his grip and continued walking. She didn't know where she was going, but she hoped that she wouldn't be walking in circles.

"Naeun," the sound made Naeun turn around in a blink, "Naeun, you're okay."

"Yunho," Naeun held his hand unhesitantly, "where are the re-"

"They're all out. I saw them leave through the window up stairs, but I haven't seen Yoongi anywhere."

Naeun's chest tightened, and her eyes unwillingly started to fill up with tears, "where is he.." the coughing didn't stop.

"Naeun, you need to leave." He almost pulled her towards the stairs, but Naeun immediately resisted.

"No, I need to find him-"

"No, Naeun, I'll find him. You need to leave." He pulled her again closer to him.

"Yunho-"

"Naeun, please," it was obvious he was breathing heavily, "please, leave. I promise you I won't get out of here without him."

"No, you get out, you idiot. You both get out," her hands tightened around Yunho's sleeves desperately.

"Okay. Okay, I promise you. Now please leave. Quickly. Up stairs. The room to your right, use the ropes and leave." He instructed her, and Naeun started sorely walking towards the stairs.

The fire only seemed like it was getting worse, and Yunho started looking in every room and every space he could reach, until he entered what was formerly a neat kitchen. The sound of somone moaning in pain was evident once he stepped feet into the kitchen, and his eyes immediately started looking meticulously.

"Yoongi!" Yunho called, and stepped on the utensils and pieces of undefined wood that were all over the place. Despite the impossibility of sight, Yunho was able to catch a figure shaking in the far corner of the kitchen on the floor.

Undoubtedly, Yunho knew it was Yoongi, but he also knew that it would be impossible to reach him without getting himself injured because of the fire surrounding him, and then it would be impossible for both of them to get out.

He kept looking around, eyes searching nonstop for something that could help him get Yoongi out of there, but there was nothing.

"Hang in there, Yoongi. I'll be right back."

Yunho almost got himself burnt quite a few times on his way to the bedrooms to find anything that he could use to extinguish the fire preventing him from reaching to Yoongi.

Luckily, he was able to find a blanket inside one of the closets, and he was back to where Yoongi was in no time.

The fire went out, and Yunho wrapped Yoongi's arm around his neck once he was able to walk to him.

"I'm going to die. I'm going to die." Yoongi kept mumbling while Yunho lead him outside the kitchen.

"You're not, Yoongi. You're alright now." He reassured him, but that didn't seem to help calm Yoongi down. He kept repeating the same sentence over and over again, not responding to anything Yunho was asking him to do so they both could get out.

By the time they reached the room everyone got out from, the window, too, was on fire, and just when Yunho thought of getting back to the kitchen to get the blanket where he left it, the wooden frame of the door fell off, and the fire spread.

"Shît," Yunho swore under his breath, and he squeezed his eyes shut, thinking of a way to get himself and Yoongi out of that disaster.

Suddenly, the fire around the door went out. At first, it was hard to see, but then the firefighter showering the frame to save them was clear, and Yunho sighed the deepest sigh ever.

"Come on! Let's go!" He motioned for them to quickly get out, and was swiftly leading them outside the house.

Yunho's body was straightforwardly hit with another much smaller and fragile figure, and only when he felt a pair of arms wrapping around his neck, he was able to put the pieces together and hugged her back, feeling her face hide in the crook of his neck.

"Hey, emotional," he giggled, "it's okay."

"You selfless idiot-"

"Hey," he pulled away slightly, his usual sweet smile genuine, "just because I'm your boyfriend right now doesn't mean you can disrespect me as an investigator."

"You're..." she trailed off, her cheeks already holding a faint shade of red.

"I heard the word boyfriend," Jungkook appeared between them out of nowhere, "I didn't have to, looking at the way you're holding each other," he smirked, "can you be my godparents?"