Chapter 4: Kendall's Past

"Kendall, please tell me you're joking!", I said in disbelief. "I'm not, Nair. Mr. Castillo said that he wants me to bring you to the HQ for an interview and possibly a job opportunity". This is so sudden...

I am actually glad that Mr. Morris fired me.

"I'll pick you up in 11:30 tomorrow morning.", Kendall continued. "My boss can sometimes very hard to please so try to dress nicely for the interview". That could be a problem. My closet is separated into two sections: Hood n*gga and classy n*gga. The classy clothing don't even look good either. "Um, Kendall, I don't think I have anything good to wear for a job opportunity...". Then he gave me a confused stare. "Nothing at all?", he said "But it's LA...Everyone looks their best down in downtown".
"I know, but I not one of those wealthy, famous, classy people you always see in those sports cars or magazines.", I said hopelessly "I'm just a black man that just lost his job today and lives in a run down apartment in Pasadena". "Oh", Kendall replied "I sorry I didn't know better". Then he thought of an idea. "Come on, let go!". "Where are we going?", I asked. "We're going to Men's Warehouse", Kendall answered "We going to get you a suit for the interview tomorrow"
"Really? Haven't you done enough for me? You got already me a job with Mr. Castillo". "True...but, in the city, I don't really have that many friends here in Los Angeles", Kendall continued. "There aren't many people here that could not just chill for once and worry in their appearance. Nair, you aren't like some of those egomaniacs that run around, acting like they own the place, talking mess to everyone that they see...".
I think I ran into one of those on my way here

"Hey Kendall, how did you find yourself here , working in Los Angeles?", I asked "Just curious..."

"Well, Nair, I was one of those guys that were more interested in theater than playing video games or doing sports. I got obsessed when many of the old poets and writers like Poe or Shakespeare. Sure, the other boys used to pick on me for being the dramatic type but I liked that aspect of me. By the time I graduated from high school, many acting schools had already wanted to interview me. The school that I went into for college was Juillard..."

"For real?! That comedian Robin Williams went there!" I was possibly a Robin Williams fan.... Don't judge...

"Yeah, that were many other famous actors that got enrolled there, too. I wanted to be one of those actors. After I finished school there, I took part of many short films. That was how Mr. Castillo discovered me about a few months ago. I moved here to this house from my apartment in Manhattan to begin my work as a client of Palm Tree Records."
"Kendall, believe it or not, you were a very successful person. I wished I knew what I was going to do when I left my community college". Kendall nodded happily.
"Thanks man, and you'll be one too...as soon as we find you a suit and get you to work with me and Mr. Castillo."

"Kendall and I just met and he already got me a job and soon, some new slacks. I will never think of him as 'that guy from Venice'. I'll always think of him as my friend"