6

I had such a great time with Niall that we planned on meeting up Sunday afternoon to try a few more songs we had picked out to sing together. We had been texting back and forth regularly, suggesting one song after another and Niall said he would do his best to learn most of them on guitar by Sunday.

Liz ended up coming over Friday night as a distraction, to make sure I didn't give in to Chad's persuasion and meet up with him. The last thing she wanted was for me to get back together with him. After some persuading of her own, she eventually talked me into going out for a girl's night. I reluctantly agreed, gazing longingly at my couch and TV as she dragged me out the door to our awaiting Uber.

"Oh, come on. It'll be fun!" She said excitedly, patting me on the knee.

I groaned. "If you say so."

The Uber driver giggled lightly as she glanced at us through the rearview mirror. She didn't look much older than us, pretty with dark skin and braided black hair.

"Who are you texting? It better not be Chad. He really needs to go away." Liz babbled, watching me type away on my phone.

"It's Niall." I replied casually, setting my phone back down in my lap.

"Oooo Niall? I didn't know you guys were talking. Tell me everything!"

"It's just about music. He came over a couple of days ago. He wanted to sing together again." I shrugged.

"And is that all he wanted? Just to sing?" She smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, Liz. That's all that happened. He's a musician, it's what he does."

"Oh, please. He's totally using that as an excuse to see you." She waved it off, flipping her fiery red hair over her shoulder.

"That's dumb. If he wanted to see me he would just say that. We aren't sixteen." I replied.

"Okay, tell me exactly how the night went. I need to know everything to clarify this." She questioned."Well, he brought pizza. We ate it then played some music. That was about it." I shrugged.

"He literally turned it into a date." Liz replied.

"Okay, you're reaching. The pizza was a joke we made--"

"Never mind that, what was the conversation like? You must've talked." She pressed.

"Mostly music. We did talk about Chad but--"

"Oh my god, he's totally into you."

"No, I got another flower delivery from him while Niall was there so it just kind of--"

"Stop making excuses! He obviously has a thing for you! This is so exciting--"

"Liz! I think you're blowing this way out of proportion." I huffed.

"Oh, girl. She's right. He definitely has a thing for you." The Uber driver chimed in.Liz's eyes lit up and she pointed excitedly to her. "See?! I told you! Thanks, Nikisha. You are totally getting five stars."

She nodded in response, a confident smile on her face. "Okay, ladies, we have arrived. Have a drink for me."

We thanked her before sliding out of the backseat and heading into the bar Liz chose for us. It was only around 7 pm but music was playing loudly and there were multiple people on the makeshift dance floor towards the back of the building behind the bar area. We picked a high top table, sitting across from each other and chatting away as we waited to order.

"All I'm saying is that would it really be so bad if Niall was into you? He's a great guy! Chad is an asshole!" Liz huffed.

"Which is exactly why I don't need anymore drama in my life right now than I already have." I replied.