Chapter 5

"Hey I know you might be a little busy but my parents are kind of fighting and I didn't know where else to go." My words tumbled out echoing just how desperate I felt.

"I'm never too busy for you. My parents just left so make yourself comfortable."

His voice was so soothing, it made things almost instantly better.

I sat on the couch and told him what happened. He sat politely and waited for me to finish before asking if I was okay.

"Are you sure you're all good?" He asked just inches away from me.

I paused.

"Yeah I'm sure."

"Okay, now tell me the truth."

You would think I could have remained stone cold right? Well I guess not because I broke down and told him everything that had been bothering me for the past 2 days .. including the cuts.

He didn't try to lecture me or tell me I was stupid for doing what I did like Sam would have done. He just hugged me tight and asked what my favorite movie was?

Of course i couldn't pick a favorite but I decided on The Notebook because you can never go wrong with a little romance.

"Buttered or no?" He asked from the kitchen.

"Buttered obviously." Figuring he'd been talking about popcorn.

He came back with the popcorn and started the movie. I snuggled into him and grabbed some popcorn out of the bowl. At first he stiffened, probably surprised but then he relaxed and put his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

Noah and Allie are at the beach. If you're a bird, I'm a bird.

Will leaned in and repeated the line to me. If you're a bird, I'm a bird. I repeated it back. If you're a bird, I'm bird.

He picked me up and swung me around like Noah did in the movie then he leaned in close and kissed me. I kissed him back. Fuck cheating, lying boyfriends. He pulled back and told me he was loved me. My heart stopped when he said it but I told him I loved him too. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. He pushed me against the wall and kissed me again. Hard. I pressed my body against his, running my fingers through his hair I kissed back just as fiercely. I felt his tongue slide in, giving me this kind of high. We probably kissed for hours. He plopped my on the couch and sat over me. My heart sped up and I ran my hand down his chest. He took his shirt off and leaned down. He kissed my neck and made his way down to my chest.

{------------------------------------------}

I woke up the next morning with the smell of bacon and pancakes filling the air.