Up The Hill We Go

"You listen to Bahamas?" I questioned while digging thru his CD pile that laid at my feet. Looking out the cars window I noticed we were very close. Chastity Park & Trail. My mother took me here all the time when I was younger, until the divorce. But I sometimes took Goobs.

"Yeah, you got a problem with that?" It was very hard to tell if Liam was being sarcastic or genuinely mean. 

"Geez no, I-I just like em too," I stated as we pulled into the trails parking lot. 

I cannot believe we were about to hike up a hill. For the fun of it. At night.

"Did you come here as a kid?" I asked him closing the door. He pressed the lock button on his key and the car beeped. I felt like it was the loudest noise in the world. Have you ever done something your not suppose to and you make a noise, and that noise sounds loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood! Liam must of saw my reaction because he said," Chill out LF,  I come here all the time at night."

"You stroll around in the dark on a hiking trail often...you werido," I whispered.

"I have my reasons." He smirked.

"Oh to discard of the bodies, right?"

"Exactly, why do you think I brought you here."

I laughed quietly then whispered, "I knew I had a bad feeling about you"

"You don't need to whisper...and no I never came here as a kid." Of course he didn't, he was a rich kid, and they had their own gated, video surveillance park.

"Oh, I forgot, you are a rich kid," I blurted out.

"How would you even know if I came from money, and what does that have to do with this park." I could tell he was agitated, maybe I shouldn't have even asked the question. I felt like this was a touchy subject.

"You said you live in Willington."

"So." I looked over to him with a smirk. Anything shy of a two story house and an in-ground pool there wasn't permitted. We crossed over the rusty chain that blocked the start of the trail.

"Touche, but that means nothing, it's not all that great." I could tell he was serious. No sarcasm hinted.

He obviously didn't want to talk about his home life, so I changed the subject immediately.

"Liam?" my voice broke, ending the peaceful silence.

"Yes?" We were now walking side by side, with only the moonlight guiding our rocky path. Lord, please don't let me fall!

"Are we ever going to talk about that night." I could see his jaw stiffen and noticed his fist were clenched. 

"Whats there to say, I already thanked you." Yeah, this was not a good subject changer. Great going Lilly.

"I just feel like its not fair, I want to know what happened." This caused him to stop his pace and face me.

"Look nothing happened, at least nothing you need to know about, nothing you need to get involved in."

He turned on his heel and continued his pace, leaving me standing there. 

"Well, what if I want to be involved?" 

My mother always said I was stubborn.

This made him stop again. He shoved his hands in his pockets and let out a deep sigh.

"You don't want to be involved Lilly, and more importantly I don't want you involved, in anything, or in any part of my life."

Well, snap. Even though I hardly knew Liam, I felt like we had some kind of bond. Like a forced bond. Maybe I was crazy or stupid but I felt it. Even if he was a rude guy.