chapter 8

Sophie ran away, tears flowing down her cute red face. She felt betrayed. Used. Worst of all, she felt foolish for falling for this strange mysterious man she barely knew. She ran into Hana who was pushing against the crowd, looking frantically for Sophie.
"SOPHIE MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY ARE YOU HURT?!" She screamed, shaking her a little too roughly. Sophie has scraped her knee but she didn't even notice. The wound in her heart was deeper and more painful. She shook her head.
"THAT WAS LOKI. HE DID ALL THIS." She cried.
Hana started wide-eyed and frowning.
"wHAT??!! DID YOU KNOW HE WAS SOME ALIEN SPACE MAGICIAN????" She asked loudly over the deafening crashes, sirens and screaming. Sophie shook her head and continued bawling.
"I'm sorry dude. I seriously don't know what to say." She said, hugging her poor friend. "But right now we need to get out of here." She said a bit rushed. Sophie wiped her tears and nodded firmly. "Aw dude what happened to your knee??" Hana asked, but before she could help in any way, there was a huge crash right where they were standing. They screamed and fell to the ground. Hana's leg was twisted and she was unable to get up. "SOPHIE JUST GO, RUN GET AWAY GAHHHHH" she screamed in such a dramatic way it was actually quite funny. (No it wasn't ignore that, I can't take things seriously just continue)
"ARE YOU INSANE I'M NOT LEAVING YOU HERE ALONE!!!" Sophie exclaimed freaking out. Hana quickly pushed her out of the way as a huge boulder flew towards them. Once again Sophie was flown backward helpless.
But alas, a miracle. A man with dark hair with white strips, dressed in blue robes with a red cape flew in front of her and with his powers, sent the boulder into a different dimension, saving Hana's life (you already know something STRANGE is happening hehe see what I did there). Sophie watched in unexplainable relief as the man carried her friend away to safety, she didn't even find it surprising that he could defy gravity and produce yellow circles of light from his bare hands. She dusted herself off quickly when she heard screeching. A creepy scaly creature was looking her way with a despicable look in its savage eyes. She was petrified. She slowly moved her feet backwards, shaking as her body was preparing to run. Right then, adrenaline rushed over her as she ran down the streets as fast as her legs could take her. She felt the creature chase after her and cried in fear. She knew death was inevitable but never did she think she'd be killed by a mutant ninja turtle this early on in life.
She turned the corner and her heart dropped and lungs shrunk. It was a dead end. The Chitauri cornered her and she backed up into the back wall, sliding down into a crouching position on the ground. With a demonic laugh, the Chitauri approached and pointed its weapon at her. She closed her eyes tight waiting for it to end. She could do nothing. This was the end.
~~~~~~~
Loki ran through the chaotic scene looking for the pretty girl in pink. Running he saw the Chitauri were actually struggling. Then he saw them flying through the air, shooting at the lizards. The idiotic Avengers. They had arrived just on time and were holding the invasion back. He realized this was good news, though any other time it would've been a pain in the ass. Ignoring their presence, he continued running with a bit of fear, anxiousness and panic. What if he couldn't find her? What if she was hurt? What if she was... no. She couldn't be.
Right as he shook those thoughts out of his head, he spotted her rushing around the corner. He smiled in joy and slowed down for some air, when he saw that she was being followed. His eyes fired up with anger and fury. He began sprinting, passion overpowering exhaustion.
If that crocodile made even a scratch on her, Loki was prepared to inflict tremendous pain even after death.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sophie anxiously awaited the pain, but it never came. She opened her eyes in confusion to see Loki standing behind it, slitting its throat with a livid look on his chiseled face.