Mario Kart

Stacy yawned, pulling off her headphones, as she closed her Minecraft software. "Joey, this is getting boring," she complains after dying for the umpteenth time. He nods in agreement mimicking Stacy's actions. "Let's do something fun," she suggests since it's just the two of them at Joey's alone. "Sure, let's," he grins, getting up and walking into the living room with Stacy following behind him. "Mario Kart, one round and the winner gets to tweet something from the loser's account," Joey challenges, knowing that Stacy would never resist a challenge in Mario Kart.

 Stacy was sure she'd beat him, she'd played this game a lot, in fact, she'd beat the game, she had all the characters unlocked and all, compared to Joey's basic selection of characters. They sat adjacent to each other on the couch, Wii Wheels in hand, Stacy's was blue  and Joey's was green. Their eyes, scanned the screen as the character selection came up, both of them targeting Yoshi, and Stacy getting to him a millisecond earlier than Joey. "Awww, I wanted to be Yoshi," Joey pouted. "But how are you gonna be Yoshi whilst I'm Yoshi?" Stacy asked sarcastically, before giving in to Joey's pout and letting him have the green character. "Fine, I'll be Daisy," she gave in, moving her cursor away from Yoshi and over to Daisy. Joey beamed childishly, hurriedly moving his cursor onto Yoshi and selecting him. 

 Now it was kart selection, Stacy'd already picked her car, but Joey was still browsing through the limited variety of cars and bikes that his game had to offer. "Cars are better," Stacy mumbled, but Joey went with a bike anyways. "I'm still gonna kick your butt," he boasted as the kart menu went to black and the track menu came up. "Rock, Paper, Scissors, to see who picks," Stacy says, holding up her fist. "Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" they chanted, both choosing scissors. "Dangit! Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" they synchronized, Joey coming out the victor with paper, which somehow covers rock. 

"Hm...., I choose, Rainbow Road," he selected, and the music began, followed by the whistles that counted down the seconds before they were off. Stacy took the lead, unwilling to tell Joey how to do the boost upon start up. "This map is the worst," she ranted, barely dodging the first of many holes that were on this track. "Getting nervous?" Joey asked, taking the lead and knocking Stacy back a couple of places with a red shell. "Getting a bit cocky there Joe?" Stacy came back, taking 2nd place and knocking Joey back to 5th. "Do you want me to let my cockiness out?" he asked, accepting the fact that he would not end up in front of her by the end of the first lap. "I'd rather not," she said, focusing on trying to keep her lead. "Well you're gonna see it when I take the championship," he chuckled, causing Stacy to roll her eyes. 

A minute or two had passed and now they were on the last lap, Stacy was in first place and Joey at a close second. They had both been quiet on account of the fact that they were both trying to finish first and their could only be one winner, even if one of them was in 11th place and the other in 12th place. The finish line was seconds away from them both and Stacy still shakily held the lead while Joey was way back in 6th. And as if the odds were in Joey's favor, seemingly out of nowhere a blue skill came out of no where, whirling Stacy into the air before bringing her down to the track, then off of it. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" Stacy rushed the clouded character as Joey exclaimed, " 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st!" crossing the finish line, Stacy a mere button press away from the line. 

 They looked at each other. Joey grinning and Stacy's face in awe. "No way, that's not fair!" she exclaimed, looking back at the screen. "It's okay, you might win next time," Joey teased. She sadly handed her phone to Joey, after she'd opened up Twitter on it. "No swears," she ruled. "Fine, fine," he smiled, quickly tapping his fingers on the keyboard. "You can't delete it either," Joey added on to the bet. He looked and Stacy for a couple seconds, and she curiously looked back at him, trying to see what he'd tweeted. 

 Suddenly he acted, pulling Stacy into a kiss and snapping the photo, before she even got a chance to kiss back, but Stacy didn't know he took it. Stacy's face, that had just went back to normal was now back in shock. She was nonplussed, not knowing why Joey just kissed her. He handed her the phone back and watched as she scrolled up the surplus of notifications and then to the tweet. "Stoey is real" with a picture of them kissing that he'd just taken. "Joey, what the heck?" she asked, confused about the picture. "What?" he asked as if nothing ever happened. 

"You kinda just posted a picture of you kissing me and let a lot of my fans to believe that we're in a relationship," she explained to him, "and adding on to that, we're not even dat-" Before Stacy could finish her sentence Joey pulled her into another kiss, this time it was more passionate than the first and after a couple of seconds of realization she kissed him back, and they stayed there for a moment. "But we are though," he ended.

 "Did you just...use Mario Kart to ask me out?" Stacy asked, still trying to process how all this happened in such a short amount of time. "But I didn't ask, I took you," Joey tried to be dominant, but ended up in laughter. "But, that was just pure luck and improvisation," he confirmed, "I'm really glad you love me back because that would've been bad if you didn't." 

"Wait, love?"