Chapter 3-

(Luciano's Italian Palace, 9 pm.)

Adrian-
"Do you know why I invited you here?"

Jack-
"I'm guessing it's about Lucy."

Adrian-
"Correct. Now tell me whether or not I'm right-
Lucy's the only reason you agreed to come?"

Jack-
"Partially correct, I also just wanted to see the monster that's taken advantage of her!"
(resentfully stares at Adrian)

Adrian- *chuckles*
(smirks) "I'm guessing your opinion of Lucy is nothing but positive, but I'm curious as to what your, intentions are...."

Jack- (furrows brows, deep stare.)
"Lucy's my friend, I enjoy her company. I'm also a man of my word, Adrian, and I'm exactly fine telling you that my intentions, are to take her away from your hell-house!"

Adrian- *smiles*
"Guess we'll have to order now, I have a feeling we'll be here for a long time...."
-   -    -    -    -    -    -    -   -   -   -    -    -    -    -    -    -   -   -   
                (The next morning)
I woke up in the mansion this morning and Adrian still hadn't come home. I was worried, wondering if he might've done something bad. I chose to stick to my intuition and go to work per usual.

When I entered the office, everyone was in a buzz, whispering, and Jack was in the boss's office.

I quietly went to my office, hoping the door could keep me away from the gossip, drama, or whatever was going on.

Jack came out of the boss's office, and stormed straight into mine.

"Wellington case, tomorrow morning we leave at 7:30 am to Wyoming." And after he said that he left.

Jack always looked the same, except for today, his usual nice cropped yet messy dark brown hair was combed up and to the back with gel. His relaxed face looked tense, and he didn't walk sluggishly, his walk looked more dominant; I wondered what was the cause for the switch-up.

"Perhaps he got a promotion." I whispered to myself as I got back to work.

Two hours later, it was time for lunch, I decided I would head by Jacks office and he would either join me or not.

*knocks on door*
Jack- "Hi,"
Lucy- "Hi, I'm just going to lunch.."
Jack- *Eyes tense* "You're not supposed to be here."
Lucy- "..excuse me?"
Jack- *rubs forehead* "I forgot to tell you, you have the day off, because we leave tomorrow to Wyoming for the Wellingtons case."
Lucy- "Oh, um, ok then bye."
Jack- "...." *closes door*

Welp, that was awkward. At least I could go home and relax for a while, assuming Adrians not there.

When I walked into my house, it smelled, to correctly sum it up: delicious.
I walked into the kitchen and there was a bunch of gourmet food on the table, I knew what this meant-
An apology.

When Adrian messes up so bad that he can't even make me think I was blame for something, he goes all out on food because he knows food is my weakness.

*Adrian enters*

"Hey, I see you've found the lunch I bought you!"

"Hi, Adrian, where were you last night?"

*Adrian walks toward Lucy*

The next thing I knew Adrian wrapped his arms around my waist and tilted my face to align with his. His embrace was warm as always, and he kissed me, slow yet passionately. Then let me go.

"Just, business, as usual..." He responded.

"Funny," I said, "You never exactly seem to tell me what this, 'business' is about."