March 2016 (Bombay)

I remember when I took my first flight to Bombay. I had no clue how much my life is going to change.

I had heard a lot about Bombay, "the city of dreams". People said "Bombai ek jadoo ki nagari hai", and anyone who comes here, gets lost. I never understood unless I came here.

As everyone else, I was set for Bombay to fulfil my dreams.

All I got to see while landing in Bombay was the slums which surround the airport, and as soon as I got out of the plane, I could only smell fish. Well, "Welcome to Bombay".

The next interesting thing was our pre-paid taxi driver was a lady. Coming from a small city, that was something very exciting for me.

I got shocked by the size of our hotel room, which was (according to me) was disproportionate to the price paid. Thereafter, I wasn't surprised with the size of the room of my PG and its rent. The room was big enough to accommodate one double bed (which was shared by two girls), with two wardrobes on the side, and a single bed placed on that part of room which was originally the balcony, with a single wardrobe by the side. I was the lucky one to stay in the balcony! It was nice, airy, as my bed was surrounded by windows.

Next day, I travelled in the crowded local train to get to office for the first time. Well, that was new.

As soon as I saw my office building, my heart skipped a beat. I had never seen such a fancy building before. Immediately, I fell in love with my office, the skyline view from the office, people and work.

I came back to PG. Instead of feeling homesick, I Googled, and made a list of places to visit during the weekend. I knew no one in the city, so I woke up early on a Saturday morning, got ready, took a train, and went to SoBo (a short term for "South Bombay"). After exploring Gateway of India, Taj Palace, the Colaba Causeway, it was time for me to visit the iconic Marine Drive. I Googled, the nearest station was Marine Lines. I reached there, and I was on the foot-over bridge of that station. Google said I have reached, however, I could only see a road in front of me. Then, I turned, and there it was!! I was awestruck. It was just like the way it showed in movies. I sat by the Marine Drive and watched the sunset. Although I was alone, I didn't feel alone. That's how Bombay makes you feel.

In a month, I GOT LOST IN THE "CITY OF DREAMS".