The Lesson

You were a musical prodigy. You could sing with a perfect pitch, and you could play almost any instrument someone handed you. Even though you had this talent, your parents still wanted you to take lessons. You were dreading it. You already knew you were good, why did you have to learn what you already knew? You sighed as your mom parked in front of the local Miami instrument shop. You were supposedly getting lessons from a girl named Ally Dawson. You remember the little store from when your parents bought you your past instruments. However, you haven't met Ally yet.

"Honey you're going to be late to your first lesson," your mom heavily breathed.
Without another word, you hopped out of the car and made your way inside the store.

There was a blonde boy that you recognized as Austin Moon. He was probably the most famous person in Miami right now!

"Eh water under the bridge!" you thought.
You walked past the celebrity and up to the girl you thought was Ally.

"Hi! You must be the new student here!" Ally exclaimed.

"Let's get this over with little effer," I yelled. Luckily no one heard me and Ally went deaf for 2 seconds.

After the lessons, I was going to demand a refund and tell Ally I hated her Dad's business and that she wasted my entire afternoon. At the counter she began to ask for the money.

"I was just about to say, this entire lesson was just a waste-" I stopped mid sentence, when a boy about our age walked down the stairs. He had red hair, brown eyes, freckles, and a crinkled smile. Anyone could easily confuse him with Ed Sheeran. He walked up behind the counter where Ally was.

"Well Ally, who is this fine looking customer?"

"That's our new student that I'm giving lessons to. Also, this is Dez," she said to you.

Dez grabbed a sticky note and a pen and scribbled something quickly. He slid it over to you. Ally didn't notice because she went blind for 2 seconds. You smiled and took the sticky note.

"See you next time," Dez said with a wink.

You smiled and headed towards the door. You hopped inside your car and your mom drove you home asking you many questions about your lesson.

Once you got home, you quickly went to your room and locked your door. You took the sticky note out of your pocket and read it.

"Ally isn't the only one that could give you lessons."

Under the little note was his phone number.

You knew that you DEFINITELY had to go back to lessons. Especially with Dez.