Chapter One

Chapter One (Kody's POV)

I looked out the window from the car.
I watched as the tall skyscrapers and apartments turned to nothing but trees.

I was moving in with my father cause my mom got a big promotion at her job and it means she has to move in order to get it. At first she wasn't going to go because of me, but I made her.

She has done nothing but give up her life for me the least I could do was let her go do what she loves to do, which is designing buildings. I decided to move with my dad who I see sometimes on holidays or breaks but that's a sometime. I'm 17 going to be 18 soon and I thought it was time to be responsible.

I heard my dad's voice run through my thoughts but I didn't catch what he said.

"What." I asked

He chuckled and repeated what he said, "I said I'm glad your finally moving in with me, its about time you came back home." Yeah I was born here, I left when I was 8 and now I'm coming back.

"Yeah, going to be fun" I answered sarcastically. Me and my dad haven't really been close since the divorce. He got mad and disowned me when I picked my mom's side in court, but ever since then he tries so hard to make up for it.

The rest of the ride was nothing but silence. I plugged my headphones into my phone and closed my eyes as music filled my ears.

____________________________________________

I guess I fell asleep cause I woke up as we passed the entrance sign that read 'Crystal Falls population 3082' which I'm sure is now 3083.

My dad lived on the edge of town by the beach so we had to drive through town to get there.

As we drove through town I noticed the stores and remembered when my family was once happy. We used to always eat at the diner and go see a movie at the town's movie theater.

We passed the high school which I would be attending for one year so I can graduate. We stopped at a stop light and some students passed by.

One person out of the whole group looked at me like he knew me and made a face at me which made me really confused.

They made it to the other side of the street and the light turned green. My dad continued to drive until we finally made it to the house.

We pulled onto the gravel road until the house came into view. The house is a big two story beach house with a wrap around porch. The car stopped and we got out. I unloaded my bags while my dad unlocked the door.

I have been to this house maybe twice since my dad got it finished for him by his company.

As I walked in to the house I looked around, some stuff looked different but no much. I went up stairs and went into the room my dad told me was my new room.

The room was bigger then the one I had with my mom in our small two bedroom house. I looked and realized I had my own bathroom and closest. The room has a bed with two night stands on each side, a computer desk and a TV on a glass table.

I put my bags down and sat on my bed.

"Well here goes nothing" I said to myself.

I got everything unpacked and put where I want around 5 o'clock and went back down stairs. My dad heard me and called me in to his office.

"Yeah" I answered walking into his office and sitting on the arm of his chair in front of his desk.

"I know you just got here and all but I have to leave for business do you mind staying here by your self for a week or two?" He asked. It sucks that I just got here and he already has to leave but it wouldn't hurt to have some alone time.