Chapter One

My name is Betty Cooper. I'm 17 years old and I am moving to Riverdale today. My family consists of me, my mum, my dad, my sister Polly and my brother Charles. The one thing you have to know about me is that I get abused by my father on a regular basis. I don't think my mum knows about it; at least I hope she doesn't; but my brother knows and always tries to keep me safe. That doesn't always happen though. What my brother doesn't know is that my father has sexually abused me for the past year. He told me that if I told anyone, he would kill my mother.
My mother and father met in Riverdale when they were my age in high school. The "perfect couple". They then decided after high school to leave and go to New York to go to college. But then, my mum fell pregnant with Charles, then Polly and finally me. They wanted a normal suburban life so decided to move back to Riverdale.
As we enter Riverdale, I notice how small it really is. There is a diner called "Pop's", a high school and a few shops. Nothing much to it really. We turned into our street and pulled up at a huge house with a red door and manicured gardens. While looking around the area, I spot a boy in a window staring at me. He had black hair, a grey beanie that looked like a crown and an S t-shirt. I caught myself thinking I could like it here. But the thought quickly left my brain as I saw my father look at me. This look I knew well. I was going to get hurt tonight.