chapter 2: The discussion

The journey was taking forever. Few hours ago....

" well Julia.... See dear I do not intend to be rude but I would like to remind you of responsibilities of our family. " he paused to look me into the eye. "it is our duty to protect our people even if it is at cost of our lives. You are young and one fine day u will have to inherit this kingdom".

" father i am well aware of my duties and responsibilities."i said sternly.

" well you cannot see how you have changed over time. Well the little Girl who had dreams and aspirations now is lost ,Deep inside of you."

i could feel that there was a river somewhere near by ,I could sense it....

"well am I wrong dear..?? You seem distracted most of the time, you do not attend class...."

" dear please will you stop. This is a pleasure trip and do not talk to my daughter that way."

"father..... I'm..",i didn't know what to say.

------------------------------------------------

the pic to the side is THIRSTLE castle..atleat the way i imaginedit to be.

"for god heaven's sake you stammer!!!!. You are not clear with what you want to tell. Well its all to blame me. i shouldn't have ..."

" have what dear. let her loose. Roam around. Stop blaming her."

" wait what..!! You knew.??", I turned to face my father. "she knew..??"

" well she is your mother after all..!!",how I have been so blind.is it really true that I have lost myself, that I am no more the same ambitious girl.

"Julia..".

"father why did you shout at me?" ,I wanted an answer now. He would have just sat calmly and explained rather he lashed out .he sat there calmly ,without giving any reply.

The journey seemed like forever...

" Julia I was disappointed....",in who?? About what???

"dear no.!!"what is it that they are hiding from me.

"wait love ",he looked into my eyes again ,with and unreadable meaning ."Julia I am disappointed in your actions ",not that again." the boy..."oh boy..!! I rather face his wrath than discuss about Philip right now.

" do you know what love is dear..???",wait a minute, I'm have the girl talk with my father. I turned to look at my mother.

" dear enough..!!", we seemed normal again as if what happened a few hours ago never happened.

My mother continued, "let me tell you a story dear ",this is different than I expected I expected they would talk me out of it but rather they are telling me stories!!.

If its a moral story and they expect me to think myself out, well that's never going to happen. "when I first met your father he was engaged to my best friend" ,WHAT THE HELL..!!!their story.!!! My father has always spoke of pure knowledge to me ,about his adventures ,his childhood, his dreams and education of course and my mother etiquette., everything but their story. Finally after losing 20 years of opportunities to tell me they decided to drop it on me now so they can talk me out of Philip. My parents are my role model in everything but still ,papa engaged to mothers Best friend, well that's new.

"we both first met in your fathers engagement party . Well the very night your father proposed me .i must admit I to was attracted to him at the very sight of him but she was my best friend." she paused."i told 'no'" ,"but she wanted to say 'yes'", my father interfered. Mother glared at him and turned towards me and continued," and made him take an oath that he would not disclose this matter to her ,and move on but dear.. ".