Chapter 5

A/N The video above is from Inquillery or Victoria Carbol. She loves the Throne of Glass series as well as the ACOTAR series. She has multiple songs about them, and is my favorite singer. She also has other songs not related to these series and some of them can be found on Spotify. I'd recommend you to check those out! Please enjoy!

.......................

Aelin was once again disappointed. The markings in the library were certainly Wyrdmarks, but they held no more magic and would never be used again. It had now been a month. Aelin was sure the war had ravaged her lands and may even be over, the demons having won without her full powers. She never thought of Rowan. It was too painful to think about when she couldn't even reach down the bond to make sure he was safe. Did they know what she had done? That Erawan was still around, army still growing? Did they hate her? 

Aelin walked down the streets of Velaris for probably the thirtieth time this week. Her room at the House of Wind was boring and plain, so she would spend all of her time out. It also kept her in good shape, as there were hundreds of steps up to the house and she couldn't winnow or fly, to her disappointment. It looked fun to fly above the streets, to feel the wind in your hair and not have to worry about anything. 

Azriel and Cassian had explained long ago about the Illyrians. She was fascinated with everything about that race. Cassian reminded Aelin so  much of Fenrys, with his teasing and the bickering always happening when he was around. Every member of that court reminded her of someone in her life. Amren and Manon would get along so well if they met. Elain and Elide would probably get along, though Elide can get angry at times where Elain was always calm and happy. She imagined if her parents hadn't been murdered, if the young nobles of Terrasen hadn't been killed and separated, Elide and Elain would be one and the same. Feyre and Aelin got along and often did things together, comparing thoughts on their books or walking around Velaris. Any day now, Feyre's child was to be born, and it looked as though Aelin would be here for that too.

As if her thoughts had summoned him, Cassian landed in front of her. He smiled.

"Good to see you looking a little more cheery today. It's a very good day for that. The baby we've all been waiting for is on its way." Aelin smiled. Feyre was in labor, then. She didn't smile when she remembered just how hard fae births could be. 

"How long has it been?" Aelin asked. 

"Two hours. It'll be a while, but Rhys thought you should know. You're part of the family now." Too many emotions came with that sentence. She'd been here for so long, they thought of her as family. That was too long to be away. But at the same time, it was nice to be part of such a peaceful place, where she could be herself and there would be no consequences. No one would have to suffer if she did something wrong. Cassian noticed the look on her face and understood her feelings. 

"We want you to come and wait with us for the baby to be born." He said, softer than before. Aelin nodded her consent and he picked her up, shooting into the sky to wherever Feyre now was. 

............... 

Fourteen long hours later, cries were heard. Not Feyre's this time, but her child. The family gathered in the living room looked at each other in amazement. Not long after, Rhys came down with a smile on his face and a small bundle in his arms. 

"Feyre's resting,"He said. 

"So? Boy or girl? Did you name the thing?" Amren demanded. Rhys wasn't fazed. 

"Girl. And her name?" He looked at Aelin. "Aelie." 

Aelin just stared. These people had known her for only a month, yet they named their child and future High Lady after her. Someone so broken and weakened she couldn't even find her way home to her family. She didn't realize Rhys had moved until he was right in front of her. 

"Do you want to hold her? You're the godmother after all." That shocked her even more. She was the godmother? This was their way of telling her there was no way to go home, but she did have a place here. She almost forgot to answer the question, and just nodded in answer. He placed her goddaughter in her arms. A beautiful baby girl, and Aelin could already feel the power this child had. Would have to learn to control. Aelin remembered another time, when the people around her had taught her to control her power. How some feared what she might one day become. 

Aelin accepted she would stay here, but vowed never to forget her past life. Never again would she turn her back on her kingdom, and hoped as well that her mate and husband would be a good king to her people until the day he passed, when they would meet again.