Chapter 8

The following morning couldn't be any worse...

The young man woke up strangely being cuddled by the last person he'd wish to see remembering absolutely nothing of how they ended up in that situation.

It was a few moments ago... his sleeping body started to sense consciousness as the comfortable warmth prevented cold countermeasures in that early morning. So warm that he didn't mind much of where it came from-- that was until his thoughts instantly hovered back to realization why.

Warm breath blew through his nape, heavy yet secured firm arm coiled around his waist that's actually already inside his shirt and a warm body pressing to his back. Consciously sparking up with this usual scenario, he no longer had the heart to panic. Yes, he full well know who it is and for the passed days, he's come to feel immuned to his 'husband's' presence.

After assessing his surroundings, he tried to recall yesterday's events as he was given a chance back up on earth. It would've been better of he made it alone, but the insistent bastard forced him.

Groaning in defeat, he sat up. The kiss yesterday... he could clearly and regrettably can still recall it despite doing the best of his abilities to forget it. The soft texture of that lips, the warmth of his touch, the flavor of his tongue stealthily taking advances towards his' and the irritating fact that he enjoyed all that curiosity.

Feeling his embarrassment rising again, he quickly shot up and ran his way towards the bathroom, shut the door lock, straight to the cold shower to cool himself.

Covering his mouth feeling the tint of red on his face still pasted on his cheeks while his brown eyes widened in disbelief of having to live  his daily life with him from here on. He needed some cool air. At least an air where he'll forget the scent of that guy trailing all over  the place everytime he focuses. He clenched his fist, gritting his teeth counting every dying moment of shame crawling up his ego.

His chest thumped harshly that if not so exaggerated, his heart already karate chopped his rib cage open and had forced to rip itself out of his chest. Too strong that it was already painful, reaching his chest with his crumpled fist.

"That fucking bastard's trying to bewitch me. Hah. Dream on." He grunted irritated. The water washing off his frustrated body.

...

Loud sound of punching rang in the four corners of the room. It has been like for hours as Xian continuously hit the punching bag in front of him, full of irritation.

He wanted to punch Victor. So much that he ended up going all out on the punching bag for an hour now. He could feel his arms getting numb from it but the moment he would rest them down, he'll remember his face. His immaculate golden eyes that felt superior than any other overpowering even his'. He doesn't like the idea of it... not one bit.

Punching more into the sandbag, his sweat trickled down his forehead, his hair damped from both his morning bath and sweat coming out from his pores.

Not just that he wanted to punch Victor, he also wanted to punch himself for not punching him no matter how eager his itching fist felt. Yet everytime he wanted to kick his ass, his head and body would always stop him from doing so. Stopping him from hurting the guy he despised so much.

Odd enough, he's been bothered by his emotions lately that every single thing about himself confuses him as much.

Probably the effect of living in the underworld for too long.

For an exercise that seemed like hours, he finally stopped. Wiping the sweat he's lost from his forehead as he made his way to the bench to grab the tower laying there neatly folded.