CHAPTER 2

I swear these past 2 days have just dragged on and on! Before going to bed, I made sure that my hotel reservation still showed up and that my ticket was both screenshot and saved. I set my thermostat low before locking the door. Falling in Reverse, here I come!

I got to the city fairly early and checked into my hotel. I was going to be meeting everyone again and I wanted to be memorable. I wasn't one of the crazy young fans that was making the "I <3 U" posters. I wanted to give them something pretty unique. I never claimed to be a great artist, but I certainly tried my best. I had been working on sketches of the band for weeks leading up to the concert. Everyone's picture was done except for one: Ronnie's. Of all the crazy things I decided to attempt, it had to be sketches. With all his tattoos and constantly changing hairstyle, Ronnie was the hardest to draw accurately. I started with the torso. Each picture was different in that I focused on the individual member and put the band name in the background along with their name along the bottom. Since Ronnie didn't play an instrument as part of the band, I decided to just have him with his arms crossed wearing a vest.

I'd been looking at pictures on the internet because I wanted to get the tattoos as accurate as possible. Since I still had a few hours to kill, I decided to finish the sketch. I looked at pictures from Instagram and Twitter to get the best angles for accuracy. With 45 minutes to spare, I was finally done with Ronnie's sketch. I quickly flipped it over and put it in the folder in my bag.

I double checked my makeup to make sure it was just right. Being single, you'd think that I'd get to go out all the time. I don't. I work too much. Plus, I wanted to look good for the guys. Since I had a VIP ticket, I was one of the lucky people to gain early entry to the venue and early access to the merch tables. I made my way to the tables and grabbed a tour shirt. I had a plan for the autographs. After grabbing a drink at the bar, I made my way to the private upstairs area for VIP and waited for the show to start.

As always, the show was awesome. The only real downside to being VIP is that you're not on the floor where the party is. But tonight was going to be different. I'd been back down to the bar twice and was really enjoying the vibe. I got as close to the stage as possible and made sure I was seen rocking out and having a good time. Everyone else made it clear that they had only paid for the upgrade to say that they met the band. Posers. Too soon, the show was getting ready to end and security had come to collect us all for the meet and greet. I hung back long enough to be the last person in line. I didn't care. I wanted them to be able to take a minute and see the gifts for what they were.

I could hear the screams which meant the guys were back. Like I said, I've met them before but this time was different. By the time the line had died down to where I could see them, I saw that they had already gotten a huge pile of gifts. I started to get nervous. What if they didn't like my gift? What if they laughed at me? God I'm so stupid...

"Hey, I know you." I was so lost in my internal beratement that I hadn't noticed I was next. Derek Jones was smiling at me. "You've been to a couple of our shows before."

I was shocked. "You mean you remember me?" I didn't think I was that memorable.

He chuckled. "I can't say the same for the rest of the band, but I certainly remember you. You're pretty much the only one who ever tries to rock out in the VIP section. Plus, your hair is a dead give away."

I blushed. "Thank you." I clutched the folder closer to my chest out of embarrassment.

"Is there something you want us to sign? Looks like you're the last fan of the night. We were just going to grab food before going to the hotel."

I blushed harder. I looked around in a slight panic just to realize that there was only one other person left and she was already through the signing line.