UntiThe connection between Mumbai and Shipping Industry

The connection between Mumbai and Shipping Industry

Mumbai is the backbone of Shipping Industry. It has 2 major ports of India i.e. Jawaharlal Nehru Port which is awarded as Port of the year in 2014 at the MALA awards and Mumbai Port which is recognized as the largest Port of India. The Jawaharlal Nehru Port which is also known as the Nhava Sheva is located in the east of Mumbai. It was constructed on May 26, 1989 and is controlled by the Indian Government. It manages 56 percent of the total containers which includes textiles, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, vegetable oils, aluminum etc.

The Mumbai Port also known as Front Bay is located on the mainland of West Mumbai. As it is the largest Port of India, it manages around 1/5th of India's foreign trade. It is one of the busiest ports which plays an important role in boosting India's economy and trade affairs. This port handles import of petroleum products, leather, machinery, liquid chemicals etc.

The city of dreams offer many opportunities to secure your career in Merchant Navy. A career in Maritime sector that is not just rewarding but also exciting and adventurous. You get the opportunity to learn from one of the best in the Shipping Industry and then start your journey towards becoming a sailor. There are more than 100 shipping companies working in Mayanagri which creates more work opportunities for you.

To secure your career in Merchant Navy, it is important that you choose the right academy to acquire knowledge about it. Mumbai has many institutes that offer Maritime education and training but you have to ensure that you go for the one which is approved by DG Shipping and helps you in placement on both Indian and International ships.

Varren Maritime Academy is one such place that offer the best Maritime training and education in India. The academy is approved by Government of India and is a well-recognized and well-respected name in the field of Shipping industry. Admissions are open for GP Rating Course., To know about the academy, you can visit www.varrenmaritimeacademy.com.