Chapter 1-The Dream

Moon always knew she was different from the other pegasi in the herd, everyone either adored her, or despised her, and yet, she was only a weanling; this was because of her pure white body, her hooves were white her wings were white, and her eyes, were a startling sky blue.

Moon was unlike the black foals that came every hundred years, but she, she was the white foal, that came about every thousand years or more, so as far as she knew, no legends about the white foals existed.

Moon sighed and trotted up to her best friend Lightheart. Lightheart lifted her head from grazing and nickered a greeting at Moon, "How's it going?" she asked in her normally cheerful voice.

"The usual," Moon sighed, "Just trying to avoid some pegasi,"

Lightheart nodded with understanding.

Moon looked up at the sky, her eyes scanned the sky, there, a small bright blue star, dimmer than the sun but it was still bright. Moon looked back at Lightheart, "So, the migration is coming soon?" Moon asked.

Lightheart nodded, "As soon as the rest of the foals are weaned, so in about a weeks' time,"

Moon nodded. She nudged her wing against Lightheart's "I'm going to go get some rest," Moon nickered.

Moon trotted over to a tree and laid down, she stretched her neck out and sighed, she hoped for a dreamless sleep, but ever since she was born, she had recurring nightmares every time she fell asleep.

Moons eyes slowly closed, and the dream overtook her.

Moon stood in a pure white meadow, overlooking a valley, she shuddered knowing what happened next, a stallion, solid black, except for his mane, tail and hooves, those were pure white.

The stallion reared in the air, and suddenly pegasi were in the meadow cowering beneath the stallion.

The stallion reared in the air, smoke coming from his hide, he landed in the meadow, and it engulfed with flames, burning up every plant and all the pegasi.

Moon tried to look away but she couldn't, her body was statue still.

The stallion looked up at Moon, "Your herd will be next," he snarled. The dream faded away after those words