Since When

POSSIBLE SPOILERS
I'm going to just go along and make a very very long story short. Eren and I have made it far past the three walls and the titans, and even past where the titans are made. Through that town of people who have ruined our lives. We've seen the seven seas and every ocean. Now here we are a modern city. I wish everyone else could have seen this. It's been years since the incident. We just weren't strong enough to fight them all. A few people escaped but we couldn't find them. Eren and I fled on horse until the horses couldn't keep up the pace. Then we went by foot and somehow our feet have carried us to both horrible and marvelous places. Currently we live in an apartment in a big city called Mirai Toshi. Our titan forms have given us limited time to live, Eren has one year left. I can't imagine going on without him, so I guess I have one year left too. I need to tell him today. The door to our apartment creaked and Eren flopped down on our bed next to me.
"Eren."
"Yes?" he questioned sitting up to look at me.
"I love you."
"I love you too Armin, you're my best friend." he responded with a smile.
"No, not like that."
"Then how?"
"I love you like I want to wake up to your face every morning and kiss you. I want to be able to cuddle and kiss and have sex and tell you how much I love you every time I see you but I can't because I've always been too scared of ruining our friendship. And I know you don't feel the same way, and you don't have to! It's okay I'm not upset we just only have one year left and I can not die without telling you."
"Since when?"
"What?"
"Since when?"
"Sense always."
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
"I was-"
"Hey, It doesn't matter now. I love you too. I just wish we had more time... why did you say you only have one year? You have at least four more years than me."
"If you think I'm going to live without you, you're insane."
"Armin I'm not just going to let you kill yourself because I'm dead."
"No offense Eren but you can't really stop me if you're dead."
He sat up all the way and pinned me down to the bed, holding my wrists.
"Promise that you'll keep living after I die. You are brilliant and you have so much more ahead of you. promise me!"
"Fine." I responded quietly.
He loosened his grip and softly wrapped his arms around me and kissed me.
"I love you Armin."
"I love you too Eren."